Hondo's Bar

Free Comic Book Day

The NZA

yeah, no problem guys - sucks when you miss out, cause they always have a few extra copies of "the amazing adventures of got no fucking legs boy # 1 FCBD" but all the shit you want is gone, or some asshole's now charging for it. i never found this one issue last year i wanted.

Ly - you live anywhere near Fort Worth? Cause both Y2Komics and Lone Star participate every year.

yeah, no problem guys - sucks when you miss out, cause they always have a few extra copies of "the amazing adventures of got no fucking legs boy # 1 FCBD" but all the shit you want is gone, or some asshole's now charging for it. i never found this one issue last year i wanted.

Ly - you live anywhere near Fort Worth? Cause both Y2Komics and Lone Star participate every year.

Yeah, I live in Arlington, just a mile or two from a Lone Star. I usually go by there and find that I've just missed it.

Yeah yeah.. We all know how much you love Skottie Young. Anyways, last year was fucking hilarious 'cause I only realised the other week, looking thru Alana's stash of books that a couple od the books she grabbed weren't actually FCBD books. She stole #1 of Challengers of the Unknown & Amalgam Comics Iron Lantern #1(though it's possible, I doubt the dealer was just giving them away, he's a stingy bastard).

• 1 month later...

Dear 2Track.

FCBD was awesome. Skottie Young's pencils were tight, as remains BKV's integrity/anal retention(no brubaker syndrome here). Suck it 2T, I got there first. I hope you have to wrestle your free copy of Xmen/Runaways #A off a 'special' 30-odd-year-old with severe weight dysfunction & a bladder problem. I hope the splash page involving Collosus teabagging the Professor while doing the YMCA lots of cool, SY-drawn stuff is sealed together in an adhesive of man-tard semen & faeces.

Love,

Skeet

• 11 months later...

FCBD07_horiz_2.jpg

Dont miss it this year! Click here for a store locator!

Also, Click here to see what books are up for grabs...Archie, Bongo (Simpsons), Legion of Super Heroes, Lone Ranger, Battlestar Galatica, Disney, The Transformers, The Amazing Spider-Man, with new efforts by TokyoPop and the premeir of Kirkman's new book, The Astounding Wolf-Man!

10. Is this just happening in the U.S.?

Any comic book store in the world can participate in Free Comic Book Day, although there may be some limitations on which titles are available in which countries due to licensing and other considerations. If you want your local store to get involved, let them know

My nearest Comic shop is Swin City ( ...As it's in Swindon ) http://www.swincitycomics.co.uk/ Though, it's quite silly really. They had a competition to see who came up with the best name for the comic store, and they picked Swin City, although this isn't a city, it's a town. But it might be changed into a city in the next few years... Good little shop anyway. I might head over there and see if they've got this free stuff happening.

Aw, after further inspection on my stores site...

Welcome to Swin City.

Free Comic Book Day is the first Saturday in May!

The Free Comic Book Day Committee has released the information and images for all of the titles to be included in 2007's Free Comic Book Day, May 5th.

Comics are limited to one per title (as listed below) per customer.

Get to the shop early on the day as we are sure to run out!

No the english people have 2000 AD, i'm glad YE jack THEIR writers otherwise I would'nt have anything

Surely you can get it in Ireland though, when I started reading it I got it from the newsagent. Or are you saying that there's no good comics originating in Ireland?