Hondo's Bar

Free Comic Book Day

The NZA

How deep is your love....?

DVD.jpg

Well, the problem with it was NOBODY can do Runaways except BKV. Also to get the bestest team-up ever in 15 odd pages (or whatever it was...it seemed really short) just wasn't gonna happen so there was no real story at all. And I hate to say it but Skottie looked like he phoned it in.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm sorry, Ly :(

Dowe, Wes, Cj, and I went to Bride of Cape! at Zeus Comics yesterday in Dallas. It was lovely! and we got tons of free shit. We got comics, posters, stickers... my personal favorite haul was all the 28 weeks later stuff. Definitely awesome.

As if it wasn't bad enough that I couldn't come up there for Capecon... :howyoudoin:

I made a pretty good haul. My dealer puts out everything Diamond sent him too much of and he can't sell(ie two full stacks of House of M issue 7), so I picked up a sheetload of random bitsies I still haven't really gone through yet. It's odd that I didn't see Justice League #1 on the list, I was happy to see that one(though glad I didn't shell out the cash first time around like I could've).

• 1 year later...

Shame on the niggas who skipped FCBD last year: I was on holiday in another motherfuckin' state goddamnit! Anyways, today's the day here, so a link for the list of books & a handy zipcode search to find your nearest store, I know the one I normally go to puts out a fucktonne of unmovable stuff and if you're not looking for shelf-filler(Spiderman 2 tpbs are champ for that), you can find some hidden gold there. The store I'll also be hitting this year is the one Nick will rmeember fondly for it's dollar backissues, they're having a huge sale, so I can't wait to hit them up either.

• 11 months later...
Get someone to go and pick some up for you. Best give them a list.

I think I'ma gonna, despite the coarse grain it goes against sending someone else to get my books. Shitty part is, whenever I go clean out my local retailer I end up making a bunch of impulse purchases because I'd feel like a leech otherwise. Now I have to actually think of a book I want bad enough to justify all those sweet, sweet indie books I'ma poach. Seriously, looking at that list it's a good year for indie titles. Fuck all from the big 3 there at all.