Hondo's Bar

Killzone 2

The NZA

did we have a thread for this? i coulda sworn we had a thread for this.

522px-Killzone2_Box_Art.jpg

right, so...1, though ambitious, was no halo-killer. I hear the PSP one was grand, but those in the beta for this one are largely singing its praises.

how's it fairing so far against the alleged bullshots of E3 2005 lore? here's a seemingly recent comparison:

good thing is, the demo should be free in the euro PSN store in february, ill post when i have a date.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I played the demo, and it was like a first person shooter with all the cover mechanics of a third person shooter, which made it somehow less of a first person shooter. When pressed to the wall, for instance, I could see above or around it. Reviews cautioned me away from this game, but I'm waiting for some feedback on the multiplayer portions, because it went largely unreviewed. Be sure to leave your multiplayer impressions!

• 2 weeks later...
I played the demo, and it was like a first person shooter with all the cover mechanics of a third person shooter, which made it somehow less of a first person shooter. When pressed to the wall, for instance, I could see above or around it. Reviews cautioned me away from this game, but I'm waiting for some feedback on the multiplayer portions, because it went largely unreviewed. Be sure to leave your multiplayer impressions!

The single player is worth the time as is the MP.

The last level when you need to make it to Visari palace was epic. The amount of Helghast Radec throws at you is insane.

• 8 months later...

aw, we lost jamie too fast

finally tied this one up tonight...holy shit, the last level's no goddamn joke, and the final boss is an unkind bastard as well.

im admittedly not much for shooters most times, and this one's plot was nothing special (ending was interesting), the characters themselves seem to try hard in the later acts be outright unlikable

(i was halfway waiting/hoping for Rico to die at some points)

, so yeah no surprises there, but about the middle of the final level - storming the palace gates - that's the first time i ever recall the feeling of fighting for every inch of gained ground in this completely chaotic war around me. that was really awesome, for that the game'll stand out in my mind as having accomplished what it set out to do.

its a far better moment than when questinable AI-having NPCs randomly cock-blocked my shots, particularly fun when it was a rocket launcher that'd then kill us both. :angry:

Archived