Hondo's Bar

Used game sales

gunsmithx

Dr G, that's probably the case for taking your Hard Drive, but I've played my DLC with my internet connection down, so if you take your xbox console as well as the hard drive, you should be able to play it. If I had to guess the reason why you couldn't do it, here's my guess. If you download a bunch of DLC to a hard drive under your account, then pass it along to another offline Xbox, you could get an another harddrive, fill it up by redownloading all your DLC under your account, and both of you could play it only having payed for the DLC once. The online verification allows them to make sure you don't have DLC running on multiple Xboxes under one account.

Dr G, that's probably the case for taking your Hard Drive, but I've played my DLC with my internet connection down, so if you take your xbox console as well as the hard drive, you should be able to play it. If I had to guess the reason why you couldn't do it, here's my guess. If you download a bunch of DLC to a hard drive under your account, then pass it along to another offline Xbox, you could get an another harddrive, fill it up by redownloading all your DLC under your account, and both of you could play it only having payed for the DLC once. The online verification allows them to make sure you don't have DLC running on multiple Xboxes under one account.

no, I brought my xbox complete with hard drive and still couldn't play DLC (until I went online). There were no other xboxes involved. I did email harmonix about this, weeks ago and still haven't gotten a reply as to why I have this problem. If I go offline I can't play them, period.

Anywho, it's kind of off topic, but my best guess is it has something to do with RB2 becuase I didn't have this problem with RB1.

no, I brought my xbox complete with hard drive and still couldn't play DLC (until I went online). There were no other xboxes involved. I did email harmonix about this, weeks ago and still haven't gotten a reply as to why I have this problem. If I go offline I can't play them, period.

Anywho, it's kind of off topic, but my best guess is it has something to do with RB2 becuase I didn't have this problem with RB1.

DRM won't let play on another xbox.

BTW as to your point of other countries catching up the US doesn't really lead the world in boardband. I beleive that mantle goes to south korea with like a 90+ rate but they mostly play in cyber cafe's. I'll see if I can look up the number but I'm not sure how far up the charts we are and we really need deeper fiber penatration for the really fast stuff. Most of the fiber now a days is only fiber to the box and then copper to the line, very few houses have a direct fiber connection but hot damn I wish I did.

i always forget this. we dont lead in permeation, and we damn sure dont lead in speed either.

i recall reading articles in years past about phone companies fighting this kinda shit tooth and nail, there were supposedly a few euro countries didnt want to let that 56k shit go well after the fact.

beat the system! - here is a quote that I found at another site:

"You trade in games only when you have 5 or more games and they have that special where 5 games or more gets you an extra 30% store credit. Then you tack on 10% for having an Edge card, you use a coupon that tacks on another 30% and then you put it towards some game that they're currently having a special for where you trade in games towards and you get more credit. I'm pretty sure I've ended up with something like 120% store credit before and the store clerks always find it really funny. I know I traded in Halo 3 and ended up getting something like $45 credit just for that game alone and I bought it for $40. "

Archived