Hondo's Bar

Charity Kickboxing Match

Dag

Both Jax and Arch have stated that they seriously dislike one another and that is probably an understatement. So I'm floating the idea of having a charity kickboxing match between the two. I spoke to Jax and he said he was down. In this thread I would like to see if Archangel is willing to throw down, which I think he has the stones for. More importantly, I would like to hash out the details here. Place, date, time, and guidelines.

I'm willing to donate $100 to the winner's favorite charity. Discuss . . .

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
kickboxing? who takes untrained fighters and says "hey, let's add more limbs to this fest"?

Joel kept repeating that he wanted to kick his teeth in and I know you can't do that it boxing. Besides, it sounds like Joel doesn't have the will or the strength for this. I'm sure if we had a talking contest though, he'd be down for it.

I won't donate money for that though.

Besides, it sounds like Joel doesn't have the will or the strength for this.

just trying to point out: I'm not Marty McFly, so this doesn't work.

No, I wont be a part of this. Why? Because the way I feel towards jax, you put me in a ring with him, and I don't think I'd stop.

People who fight for charity do so under a set of rules and mutual respect. I don't respect the little git. I just want to kick his ass. But, unlike him, I have class.

So thanks, but no thanks.

No, I wont be a part of this. Why? Because the way I feel towards jax, you put me in a ring with him, and I don't think I'd stop.

But, unlike him, I have class.

I find it highly laughable that you believe that several of us couldn't pull you off of someone. It's relatively easy to put a good choke hold on someone from behind when they are occupied and if the person knows what they are doing, the guy on the receiving end will usually knock out in about 7-8 seconds if it is placed properly. Of course, choking someone out is a worst case scenario and I was using an extreme example of how one person could easily pull someone off of another.

Plus, if your picture is accurate, then you likely don't have the stamina to continue for more than a minute, tops, so you not being able to stop is a non-issue.

If you really had class you would put your money where your mouth is tough guy and fight for a charity. Besides, there are plenty of people who hate each other who compete in boxing/kickboxing, especially in the amateur circuit.

I think that you know that Jax will mop the floor with you and all of your excuses are just some kind of macho hyperbole you are using to try to save face.

Vagrant, its a noble cause and all, but stoking the fires of internet violence is just tedious. I just don't condone this shit whatsoever. I didn't when skeet threatened acalis (even though it was funny), i didn't when panch threatened myself and arch and i don't when arch says he'd like to punch jax out either.

There's better ways of solving ones problems than kicking the shit out of each other.

Hence me opening the post with "its a noble cause"

Other than that, i see no real reason for it. If they genuinely have beef with one another, fighting each other isn't gonna solve shit.

You are probably in the right here, DoJ, but . . .

I've been in a few fights before and one of the odd things that seems to happen usually (at least when it is over something petty and personal) afterwards is that the two people who just fought are now much cooler with one afterwards. Before they fight they hate one another and belief they can NEVER be okay with one another, but after a good solid fight, something just seems to change. It's a strange after affect that I'm sure others here have experienced.

With that said, this type of fight is more controlled. You could still break a bone hypothetically or get knocked out, BUT no one is going to get eye-gouged, a broken neck, a collapsed trachea, or a torn off ear. Not that anyone else is thinking about doing those things if they were to get into a fight :fuming:

Personally, I think this could be very cathartic.

Joel, you don't have to worry about your self-control in the ring, because I will be able to maintain my self-control and you'll

never land a single punch.

Now there's just the matter of choosing the charity that would most irritate Joel.... The ACLU? Planned Parenthood? NOW? I'm going to have to think about this one.

heh, hasnt worked for years, but pedro's optimism inspires me.

I've been in a few fights before and one of the odd things that seems to happen usually (at least when it is over something petty and personal) afterwards is that the two people who just fought are now much cooler with one afterwards. Before they fight they hate one another and belief they can NEVER be okay with one another, but after a good solid fight, something just seems to change. It's a strange after affect that I'm sure others here have experienced.

i think you're thinking of prison, or Rocky II. neither fight actually ends well, unless you're a fan of buggery, and/or carl weathers.

i think you're thinking of prison, or Rocky II. neither fight actually ends well, unless you're a fan of buggery, and/or carl weathers.

:sarcasm:

There you going again ruining a perfectly good point.

Besides, I think you are thinking of your experiences in the ghetto where they are regular one-sided beatings and not actual fights.

that's....that's pretty much what a fight is, though.

you get staged matches for entertainment (UFC, boxing, this hypothetical event, etc) and then you get those, where there's bricks, rocks, hopefully not guns, and never, ever just two guys involved.

getting beaten in a match didnt humble me, it made me less afraid of getting hit, and wanting to get better. getting jumped/catching an ass-whooping, though, that's "im gonna take the long way home from now on" humbling.

again: Not my style. If I ever actually hit Jax, then I lose. I'm better than he is, in every way, and I'll not lose that by lowering myself to your level, Vagrant, and attacking him.

See, unlike you and other primates, I can think and rationalize things. You just smash things like an ape or a petulant little child.

Now bugger off and stop hanging on Jax's every word, you pathetic lackey.

again: Not my style. If I ever actually hit Jax, then I lose. I'm better than he is, in every way, and I'll not lose that by lowering myself to your level, Vagrant, and attacking him.

See, unlike you and other primates, I can think and rationalize things. You just smash things like an ape or a petulant little child.

That's funny. Earlier you stated all sorts of chest-pounding bullshit.

The truth of the matter is that you are so incredibly obese that you realize that any sort of hard physical activity will lead to you dropping dead of a massive coronary.

The truth of the matter is that you are so incredibly obese that you realize that any sort of hard physical activity will lead to you dropping dead of a massive coronary.

aw, how cute! witty vagrant feels all big and tough behind his wittle computer screen.

It's ok, cupcake, i'm sure you're mom will be in soon to change your diaper

who's mommy's wittle tiger? who's mommy's wittle tiger? c'mon, who's mommy's wittle tiger?

Actually, it does work depending on the situation/folks. Knew this guy for years, hated eachother from the first on account of a girl(was his, then mine, then kinda... ecch. Love triangle terribleness) and even after all balance was restored, we'd still bawl eachother out all the time and make the noises, then one time it actually came to blows. Was a shitty rollaround fight(neither of us had any kind of skill, which worked for me since he had 60kg on me easy) that got broken up, but after that we were cool. Still didn't like eachother but by no means selling wolftickets like we used to.

Now in this situation? All loyalties aside? Jax could put up but I don't think anything's shutting Joel up before or after. Here's what I say though: Joel either back that enormous mouthgear up, or shut the fuck up about degrading levels and whatever else, especially when you have the audacity to then proclaim that if you were to stump it for Jax, you'd do so well you couldn't be stopped. That's like me saying I'll never play chess with Stephen Hawking because if I ever did, I'd do so well the universe he mapped would collapse. Love your work buddy, and this Jax/Arch emnity is a cute running joke, but you're beinga fucking arsehole. Sell all your wolftickets when you intend to enter the ring. Otherwise, back out with all defference and state you're above it.

Fuck i hate long posts.

I like Carl Weathers. His acting workshops are very affordable, and he's just bursting with great money-saving advice, which is all the more important during these tough economic times.

Anyway, I don't really see Joel ever accepting the offer, only talking smack and backing down, but if his nads ever drop, I'm down to fight in a safe environment with ground rules and all that. I'll back off when you tap out and fight a clean fight. This deal does not expire and cannot be exchanged for another offer. Available only at participating locations. Subject to local and state regulations. Say hi to your mother for me.

Archived