Hondo's Bar

G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
or go to crap shack like everyone else

I don't actually like posting if a topic doesn't in some way interest me. And frankly, that entire sub-forum could explode in a giant ball of green flame while announcing the simultaneous return of Allah, Buddha, and Jesus Christ toting a shotgun and I'd still only be very mildly interested in it.

I like Fern Gully, fucker.

Hmm...this appears to have the potential to go either way. I'm getting the vibe tht it may just be another action movie along the lines of Wanted and it's ilk. You know, super secret bad asses that kick rump and take names. Without seeing a full trailer, I'm apt to label it boring. But, I hope it isn't, cause I fucking love GI Joe.

Lady Jaye is my American hero. :wub:

as long as you're all prepared for something that wont even lend itself as well as Aliens vs Predator did, then hey, go nuts.

Aw come on it was good in the Dreamwave comics and lets be honest those weren't that good. As long as it has Snake Eyes and Grimlock I couldn't give less of a fuck if it was about a breakdancing competition.

im not saying it wont be entertaining; im saying, im gonna download it and rubberneck it. possibly just wait for the inevitable rifftrax so the experience can be salvaged if all else fails.

but hey, keep your expectations low, so if its somehow great, its that much more awesome.

This thread needs more awesome!

no way in hell can this movie top that pure American awesome!!!

Awesome achieved! That clip makes me want to scream "Fuck'n A!" grab my laser rifle, and strap on an intuitive personal jet propulsion device and go kill me some Cobras. On the other hand...

im not saying it wont be entertaining; im saying, im gonna download it and rubberneck it. possibly just wait for the inevitable rifftrax so the experience can be salvaged if all else fails.

but hey, keep your expectations low, so if its somehow great, its that much more awesome.

consider my expectations lowered. yeesh...

cobracom5.jpg

joepack.jpg

Okay, you're point is noted, but at the end of the day you're still just looking at a summer blockbuster movie based on a cheesy 80s cartoon which was based on a line of action figures that was based on a line of dolls for boys. If you go in thesre expecting anything better than a stupid fun action movie then you're asking for dissapointment.

I mean GI Joe doesn't even have the one loophole like Transformers does. Yes Transformers was based on a cheesy cartoon based on a Japanese toyline that ripped off another Japanese toyline, but at least there was a parallel and fairly well written comic series that they did indeed bastardize (Though I don't think you can bastardize something you blatantly ignore, but my point stands)

Archived