Hondo's Bar

Recommended HD Content

i read up on that... the fireworks that were bootlegged were the "footprints" helicopter shot. but they to their credit did do those fireworks.

forgot two more that are purely eyecandy:

transformers - classic for effects. saw this recent with the new 120hz lcd technology and words cannot describe how cool it looks. you really have to check this out or you haven't really lived. ok, mabye that was little too far.

speed racer - vivid color overload!! it's like cotton candy, skittles and starburst for your eyes. beware - can induce headaches

anyone can recommend any movies for their soundtracks? all i can come up with is gladiator and matrix.

• 1 year later...

So the LOTR Trilogy is coming to bluray this month, its the theatrical cut, with the extended versions to be released next year to warm us up for the Hobbit.

I've added Transformers 2 to my collection, but any of the pixar films are great, especially Wall E, Monsters Inc, and Cars.

I second the recommendations for LOST and Band of Brothers on Blu-Ray. Both have excellent Blu-Ray only content not to mention the great picture and sound.

And I own the Planet Earth series on DVD, is it really worth re-purchasing on Blu-Ray? Is the content any different? It was an expensive set on DVD and I'm sure the BR set is even more.

if you've a high quality set in 1080p and want the lush visuals, its worth it. might as well wait on the sequel, Life - its out next month.

another one for blu-ray visuals and not so much narrative is Baraka, really pretty from the bits ive watched. and hey if youve got transformers already, it stands to reason youre not big on story anyway bwahaha

Archived