Hondo's Bar

Hondonian Law

The NZA

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

joking aside, I'm serious; maybe you're right. deregulation has gotten us where we are now, maybe its time we started drawing up some baseline policies to abide by. you've put it out there before, might help smoothen things out around here.

thread forthcoming.

this sounds a lot like... whats the phrase I'm looking for...

HONDOS: The Fairness Doctrine

Which is horse shit. If you dont like getting NSFW at work, then dont go to NSFW threads. Shoutbox included, close it out. Wait til you get home. But thats ok, I'll follow a laundry list of rules because you are a fucking snivley lil waa waa bitch. Hondos is the best bar in town b/c there arent any rules, all goes.

yea, that's exactly it. Heaven forbid we make the place more accessable. Nope: it's far easier to tar and feather those we disagree with and twist their meaning negatively.

Oh, and by the way (cos this part annoys me most): It's none of your fucking business what I do or do not do at work. Don't presume that because I'm posting on Hondo's I'm not doing my work. It's not my fault your job sucks.

Edited by archangel

I am on Hondos every waking moment when I am at work, so rephrase your question so it applies to me please.

and it wasnt anything to do with 'actual' working. If you still have a job, its bc you do your job. It was more geared toward the whole idea of:

mouse pointer to the lil box within the shoutbox, -click- and minimizing the shoutbox while at work. That seems easier than going "hmm, let me not post this bc someone cant click minimize" when they are in a situation they dont want to be in... not me.

like ASC said in his interview thread:

8) Do you post on any other forums? If so, then why in your opinion are others just not as good as Hondos?

Just the Knoll on occasion, I've tried a few others, Tom Waits, Family guy they didn't take. There's two reasons

1. The people. It's so hard to find such a group of diverse and interesting people

2. 100% non censorship policy. Impossible to quantify how important this is.

but thats going out the window now eh?

=================================

now, to not seem like a total dick to you Joel... I see where you are coming from, honestly. Who wants to be at work and see tits pop up and have to explain it to the boss. I wouldnt want to... and that is why I minimize the shoutbox if I am in that situation. I am responsible for myself, not for imposing 'sanctions' onto others.

Oh my God, stop the presses, cause I agree with Sig! The only rule this place should have is that there are no rules. I understand why people are crying... cause DoJ is being himself and posting inappropriate stuff in the Shoutbox. What did y'all expect?! You all created that monster. The day you made him Hondo's Villain. Just kindly ask that he stop. If not... well tough... I guess.

Perfect!!!

I have to agree with the masses here. Setting any kind of regulation that goes beyond unspoken rule opens a bed door that'll only end with tails between legs or the complete ruination of something good. Doj being the most faecitious member we have, is still reasonable when you know how to communicate something important to him. Joel, Hondos is a privelidge as opposed to a right in any workplace, and you shouldn't bitch at us for posting from work or even the comfort of our own homes. Point being, it's not work-related, so treat it thusly.

Ok, this is getting ridiculous. A person seriously can't offer an opinion here without being attacked en masse? And then the really funny part is that these same people become offended if you write to them in anything less than perfect decorum (looking directly at you here, sig).

I am on Hondos every waking moment when I am at work, so rephrase your question so it applies to me please.

awesome: then stop suggesting that just cos one complains doesn't mean we're not working, man. That seriously upset me.

mouse pointer to the lil box within the shoutbox, -click- and minimizing the shoutbox while at work. That seems easier than going "hmm, let me not post this bc someone cant click minimize" when they are in a situation they dont want to be in... not me.
actually, no. What's easier is agreed upon circumstances. Again: this isn't the first time that the question of SFW material comes up.

And again: I wanted to know what the exact deal is going to be to figure out how to deal with it. If the ShoutBox was going to be NSFW, then I'd deal. I don't think it's fair, but again, general consensus and all that jazz. I was merely asking what was going to be the general consensus.

2. 100% non censorship policy. Impossible to quantify how important this is.
and here you go throwing out words and misusing them.

this isn't censorship. Censorship would mean you are not allowed to say it ever, under any circumstances. Curtailing it to where it simply cannot be done. What was being discussed here was whether or not to have this material specifically in the NSFW thread, a thread that exists for that express purpose.

If you start posting politics in the Science forum, it'll be moved to the Politics thread because that's where it belongs. If you start talking philosophy in the Pubs, it'll be moved to Philosophy. Those are no more Censorship than having all NSFW material in the NSFW corner of this place. So please, please, please, please, please stop using this word incorrectly. It's both ignorant and dishonest.

I am responsible for myself, not for imposing 'sanctions' onto others.
I am too, which is why I asked the fucking question.

And as for your opening sentence: you failed when you started posting everything as a total Dick, Sig. So in the future, whenever I take this attitude with you and you get all bitchy, remember this thread, ok? Golden Rule and all that jazz. You can't seriously expect me to be nice to you when you start insulting me for asking a fucking question.

Nick, modern day republicans are not interested in proposing solutions, just bitching and moaning, so don't expect him to actually propose a damn thing.

:no:

Joel, Hondos is a privelidge as opposed to a right
then any talk of censorship becomes moot, doesn't it?

lookit, I'm going to rephrase my question here and explain this very carefuly so ya'll can stop crying.

don't wanna be a buzz kill or anything...but can we make the ShoutBox SFW? I mean, there are enough people here who view hondo's at work, and you cannot control the content on the shoutbox...

just a thought.

I posed a question.

and

all jokes aside, though, it is a serious concern for me. Which brings me to another important question:

what is the official policy on SFW/NSFW content here?

from there on it became a discussion about what the policy is here, and considering we've gone on for three pages, one thing became clear: we don't have one.

I posted my suggestion: I do believe shoutbox should be SFW considering it's a major part of Hondo's now and it's literally front and center. It isn't fair, IMHO, to have people not be able to access the site or to be able to chat it up with the boards members because of SFW concerns. Again: MY OPINION here. But I specifically wanted to know, from Administration, what the policy is governing this, since it has come up in the past before and we do have NSFW tags and such.

we obviously have some rules governing this place, just never written down. And we do have sensibilities here. I mean, aside from Jax, we're all adults here (glad to finally be able to add Baytor to this list: it's a big day).

So here's what I want to know: What's the deal, how's it going to be structured and is it going to be official? And I know this may stretch credulity, but I'm trying to keep this civil inspite of the ridiculous treatment.

You know...I always thought the only rule for Hondo's was the whole label NSFW, NSFW. And that, more a courtesy for anything. I have to ask, though, what makes the Shoutbox NSFW? I haven't seen any photos in it? It's it the language? Cause, I have to say...I don't think unless someone is really reading hard over your shoulder, that they're gonna notice a couple of fucks and damns.

So, perhaps we just want to keep NSFW photos out of the Shoutbox? I personally do not have a problem with that. And I think a lot of ya'll are being assholes. And fuck you if you want to rip me a new one because of it. Asking for a little common courtesy isn't such a bad thing. No one's throwing a fit or asking for censorship. It's not any different than maybe asking a buddy not to cuss around your kid, even if you may be over at said buddy's house. Refusing politely and stating 'my house, my rules' if fine. Each other know where they stand and can make decisions accordingly.

Such is the case with the Shoutbox. Getting upset about it, any of ya'll, is ridiculous. So the drama.

Edited by FireDownBelow

You know...I always thought the only rule for Hondo's was the whole label NSFW, NSFW. And that, more a courtesy for anything. I have to ask, though, what makes the Shoutbox NSFW? I haven't seen any photos in it? It's it the language? Cause, I have to say...I don't think unless someone is really reading hard over your shoulder, that they're gonna notice a couple of fucks and damns.

You can post pics in there....and DOJ and Co. went on a rampage the other day that would have impressed Larry Flint.

you can't put rules... you're violating your win of civil war here you know. not to bring the knoll into this, but i distinctly remember some of you running off members over there in summer 2006 and causing mayhem and fighting over the fact the knoll had too many rules and it irked the lotta you that you could't post freely and shit...

the only rule i ever seen in this place is the fight club rule, which is fine even if it doesn't apply everywhere, it's not a broken system, so don't fix it... if the shoutbox is making the commons area of this place NSFW, move the shoutbox.

Edited by SpunkyMonkey

you can't put rules... you're violating your win of civil war here you know. not to bring the knoll into this, but i distinctly remember some of you running off members over there in summer 2006 and causing mayhem and fighting over the fact the knoll had too many rules and it irked the lotta you that you could't post freely and shit...

well, mostly because over there their was more of an authority than here, with more stringent rules. Once a conversation was decreed to be 'dead', even if you had more to say it would be dead, or you'd be edited (or the thread locked). No one is arguing for that.