Hondo's Bar

Hondonian Law

The NZA

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm just wondering how this constitution will be enforced... and lesgilated? Will we be dividing into groups and voting in members to a group of senators and representatives who legislate laws? how will we enforce the laws? banning? posting limitations??

it'll never fly

My idea of a constitution was not about limitations at all, but rather about defining hondo's. It was an idea I had to get everyone together and record, in one place, officially, the Spirit of Hondo's, it's organization and it's implementation. Nick isn't gonna be around forever, and neither are the rest of us. I felt this place would still be around even after I've left it behind, ya know?

i'm just wondering how this constitution will be enforced... and lesgilated? Will we be dividing into groups and voting in members to a group of senators and representatives who legislate laws? how will we enforce the laws? banning? posting limitations??

that's the beauty of this: we all get to decide on this. A Hondonian 'Constitutional Convention', if you will.

Edited by archangel

You know, the American Consitution is vague enough that there are many different interpretations. I doubt the founding fathers had that in mind, however, we could certainly do the same intentionally. Besides, be honest folks, how many of you are actually going to take this seriously? It's the internet for god's sake.

I think what Arch is suggesting sounds interesting and above all, fun. I think we should at the very least, consider the idea. And recall, a constritution isn't a law. It's simply what laws are based on, should there ever come a time to form laws.

And recall, a constritution isn't a law. It's simply what laws are based on, should there ever come a time to form laws.

Well, no. it depends on the Constitution. The US Constitution is the High Law of the Land. It is Law.

that's not what I'm suggesting here, since we seem to be more free form. But a founding document which outlines our intentions, our system, our organization and a basic outline with input from all, I think, would be fun.

It would mean nothing becuase it's the internet, Joel and because every single individual here on Hondo's thinks he's right and every other mother fucker is wrong. Most of us are just polite enough not to say it out loud. This would just be another symbol with about as much meaning as a "Tipping in not a city in China' sign.

I can decree all i want to decree but if the majority does not support and enforce my decree, it is just me decreeing away...

we should have a vote on who's actually going to follow a constitution like document for hondo's... and if it fails, we keep the status quo.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 3 months later...