Hondo's Bar

Heat trade Marion to raptors

gunsmithx

so the heat traded shawn marion and marcus banks for J. O'neal and jamario moon of the raptors today.

This is pretty good trade, we get rid of banks contract, we get a big man that we need and we are perfectly placed to not only resign wade but get another max contract like chris bosh, once again nice move reily!

Has Bosh indicated he wants in to MIA? or is this the Heat wishing out loud?

If the Heat get Bosh, the Heat and the Magic will run away with the conference. I think between the Heat and Magic, Boston will finally falter.

My Magic is finally serious again for the first time since the Shaq days. A lil sore right now due to our starting point guard out with a dislocated shoulder, but thats only for another 2 weeks.

yes it's known that reily wanted bosh during the draft but he was off the boards and he got wade(go figure) and I believe bosh has said he'd love to play down here so we stand a very good shoot at landing him come 2010

Btw the magic have been very good and I"m a huge stan fan so I hope you guys go all the way, at least untill we are a contender again.

Stan has done a great job with the Magic. Most of Orlando was all 'eh not so sure about this Stan guy' when we first got him and I didnt get it. Jeff... Stan... its a basketball household name, and on top of that, he did good things in Miami. Well, like most people 'became' Cowboy fans in the 90's... orlandonians jumped on the Van Gundy train once we started winning games... you know, as opposed to just supporting the team no matter what. Orlando is a horrible sports town. Too many transient people that dont stick around to care about a team. The people 'demanded' a new stadium, which got approved, yet we cant sell out the smaller one we are in. I am sure that if the Magic make the finals this year, all of that will change, but we need to nearly sell out even if we are losing.

the new orlando/orange county events center designs

orlandomagic.jpg

seating%20bowl%20arena%20concert%20view%20credit%20HOK%20Sport.jpg

oecNE-aerial-credit600.jpg

orlando_events_center.jpg

The main thing Im not liking is there will be no parking, just media and valet (into the hundreds of dollars) it will all be shuttle buses. Expected to open end of 2010 so prolly the 2011 season.

Stan is the man, boy did Billy Donovan do you guys a favor by backing out of his deal!

As for the Marion trade, we got rid of one of the more overrated players in the league to get one of the softess players in the league. It does give us a quality center and we can move Udonis to the 4 and Beasley to the 3, which will ultimately give us better positioning for the playoffs, but we're at best a 2nd round team. I would have much rather picked up Tyson Chandler, but I'll take O'Neal. Moon is a solid addition to come off the bench, so all in all a great deal.

As for Bosh, it ain't gonna happen. He's just as soft as O'Neal and he wont win us a championship. The guy I'm hoping to see make his way over is Carlos Boozer.

the big thing about oneal is that he gives us tons of cap space in '10. also riely is super high on bosh so there's a real chance there. but whoever gets it we have tons of room that year plus one of the top 5 players in the league already, the good times will soon be back.

Archived