Hondo's Bar

Kick-Ass

Right, but if they make a movie, they don't need to complete the story arc.

in this particular instance, this may be about the dumbest thing youve said since "blacks cant be racist" or whatever that was years back, man. we're not talking about franchise characters, though i'm fascinated to see you in terms of thinking spider-man and such books have an "ending".

Millar writes short mini's/books to sell movies. this is an 8 issue thing that has been going for over a year and a half now, and by the time the film makes it out, we're talking about 2 years. if you cant finish 8 issues in nearly 2 years, you're doing something very wrong in comics.

i dont think my medium needs to be the most stringent one, but making a punchline of your own professionalism (i.e., kevin smith on some books, Joe Mad, etc) is something of the line for me...Millar's not timely, but he's better than this.

Trailer had less balls than I wanted, is it going to be rated R? I don't know it looked kind of campy.
As far as the clips Axel posted, judging by the Lazytown-lookin' little girl casually dismembering people, I'm pretty sure we're looking at an "R" rating. I completely agree that it looks too campy, parts looked almost shot-for panel with the book, but almost none of it had the "tone" I had in my head while reading it. We'll see, there's still work to be done.
Also am I alone in thinking that Kick-Ass and Red Mist need to switch actors?
I agree completely with this. Edited by Thrizzle

• 4 weeks later...

Between this, Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call New Orleans: Cool Ranch Cheddar X-TREME, and his upcoming movie Drive Angry, it looks likes we're getting Nic Cage back.

It is important to note that there's a difference between Nic Cage and Nicholas Cage in the same way that there's a difference between Laurence Fishburne and Larry Fishburne. They may occupy the same body, but they're shockingly different actors. Think X-Tina, but not retarded.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The best part about this is all the oblivious parents who will watch this trailer, assume it's a superhero movie that their kids can see, and will drop them off when it comes out to be subjected to its massive, insane gore. I'm sure this won't cause any problem whatsoever.

• 3 weeks later...