Hondo's Bar

Scott Pilgrim

Iambaytor

By the way Baytor, they do kind of break the fourth wall at times, when they say "read the book" or "we've been hear for a quarter of the book already" and stuff like that. I guess that's not exactly the same thing as breaking the fourth wall.

I give passing phrases a pass as they're not the "nudge nudge wink wink" that usually precedes wall breaking.

Oh come on, I'm a Christian that's also a fan of Preacher. It's called escapism: Or How I Learned to Stop Being a Stuck-Up Ass and Love The Stephen King Adaptation. :sad:

thank you.

if you made a good movie about aero the acrobat, sex and the city and all manner of things i loathe, i like to think, for a few short hours, i could get outside of the views on my sleeve and try to enjoy something. it wouldnt be easy with the high-heels talk, mind you, but id try.

• 4 weeks later...

I have just read all the volumes like 5 times in last 2 days :welcome:

outside of the last book being basically on long volume of depression(and yeah it does feel a touch out of sorts from the other 4 though I think it's still great, I wish robots would attack me randomly)This is a great series and I can't wait for the final volume to come out. the gaming and anime references are many, varied and sometimes pretty obscure so it's full of win.

yeah, in the interest of my curiosity and gun's well being, i looked it up, nothing available on volume 6 yet. tragic...just that he said the ending of the movie (which he says he digs) wont affect/spoil/have shit to do with the final volume, which he hasnt yet written.

yeah, in the interest of my curiosity and gun's well being, i looked it up, nothing available on volume 6 yet. tragic...just that he said the ending of the movie (which he says he digs) wont affect/spoil/have shit to do with the final volume, which he hasnt yet written.

:welcome:

I wish they would make the FUCKING MOVIE AFTER THEY FINISH THE BOOK! I mean, Kick-Ass finished filming like 2 months ago and I still have no goddamn clue where it's going.

What he said wasn't quite that, he said that the movie is completely different because he's still finishing the book but he hinted that he's done or mostly done with the script, but he did say he was pleased with how the movie is being done. Also you it's it's own take on the universe and they do cut out various plotlines.

I believe you mean Chau down! pretty awesome/aweful either way.

The universe may also not end with book 6, O'mally has said that he's very very fond of kim(who isn't) and that he'd like to do a book focused on her, who knows if he ever gets around to it but it could be very fun ^_^

yes. that was the line, and it was grand.

glad to hear he's thinking of a spinoff, though - i looked the guy up and handnt found much else he'd written - i got a copy online of "Lost at Sea", dont know much about "Hopeless Savages'.

• 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...

4lq343.jpg

SOURCE

SPV6-4x6-COMP-FNL-copy.jpg

Scott Pilgrim's Finest Hour

Quote: Six years, five volumes, and 1,000 pages. Now the long anticipated finale to Bryan Lee O'Malley's hit Oni Press graphic novel series has finally arrived. On Tuesday, July 20th, 2010 comic shops and bookstores across North America will celebrate the release of SCOTT PILGRIM VOL. 6: SCOTT PILGRIM'S FINEST HOUR.

"It's been quite a ride, and I couldn't have gotten here without the support of the fans and the retailers," said O'Malley. "It feels great to be in the home stretch, and I think this is going to be the best Scott Pilgrim book ever!"

Bryan Lee O'Malley and the SCOTT PILGRIM series have both been honored with multiple awards including the Harvey, Doug Wright, Joe Shuster, and National Cartoonists Society Reuben awards, in addition to being named Entertainment Weekly and Wizard Magazine's Independent Comic of the Year. Series Editor and Oni Press Editor-in-Chief James Lucas Jones gave additional praise to O'Malley, "it's been an honor working with Bryan over the years. He's got such a unique voice and I've been fortunate to witness him develop a style unlike anyone working in the industry today; a style that I feel will influence many future generations of comic professionals. I'm so proud that Oni has been a part of that."

Oni Press will be rolling out a series of event announcements in the weeks and months leading up to the release, including Bryan Lee O'Malley signings at this year's sold out San Diego Comic Con. Oni Press Publisher Joe Nozemack said about the works, "I'm convinced that Scott Pilgrim will go down as one of those series that changed comics forever. When I'm out and see someone wearing a Scott Pilgrim t-shirt or sitting in a cafe reading one of the books, I get so excited about comics entering the mainstream and to know that Oni Press' books are helping lead the way, it's an indescribable feeling. I can't wait to see the reaction to the final volume!"

Bryan Lee O'Malley's SCOTT PILGRIM VOL. 6: SCOTT PILGRIM'S FINEST HOUR, is published by Oni Press and features 248 pages of evil-ex butt-kicking in the easily digestible digest format for the low, low price of $11.99. Available at your local comic shop or bookstore Tuesday, July 20th, 2010.

also, wallpaper. oh, and:

2zfjwk7.png

barry(17).jpg

"those are balls."

fuck fuck fuck fuckf uckf cuk fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck

I have to wait till july :P

I really wonder how the series will end, will scott come out on top, will we learn the answers to every single burning question, will this ending have anything to do with the movie ending..., oh well so long as kim ends up ok I'll be happy!

i wish there'd be a midnight release, i never get to go to those, much less for books. ill go with you day 1 unless you're ordering from amazon, though.

i havent read much on the movie's plot/scope, its not looking to do all 6 volumes, is it? is it setup as a stand-alone?

yeah, im cautiously optimistic due to Wright not doing Wrong (see what i something something). by the way, a few guys on GAF have seen screeners and are speaking crazy highly on it, that's promising.

anyways, on the book: let's wildly speculate how shit goes down! does shit work out with Ramona? is Wallace back? will Knives rekindle things with young Neil, or opt for Stephen? drama!