Hondo's Bar

Scott Pilgrim

Iambaytor

Not our fault you weren't specific. :p

FUCK FUCK FUCK, I thought I'd just stroll into B&N and pick up a copy... except they don't get it till aug 3rd..... :(::: and it seems every comic shop is closed today >< anyone know where I can grab a copy today?(that isn't drivign to tats since I don't get out of work till like 6pm)

not your fault you can't read.

not your fault you can't read.

anyone know where I can grab a copy today?

sounds like you've been answered thrice, despite being rude. :2T:

ps hard to have your book adapted to movie and video game and still be indie, but i gotta check the rules on that.

Fine. Show me the part where you posted that you still wanted to buy a hard copy of this. I saw the part where you tried to and gave up that option, then coming and posting here for suggestions. When they were then provided (admittedly, with a touch of intended humor), you respond with an insult.

...you know, i'd really like to stay & back Ly on this but i'm waiting for *DING* oh good heavens, my copy of vol 6 is done & ready to read! be back later with reviews.

a certain post comes to mind...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

...etc

ok done for now.

i'm not sure; i dont even know where angel went...A&M is like the last comic store down here, and i hear they've gotten better about trades - he said he tried B&N, but i'd read the same belated release date the other day too.

that said, new comic day = weds, so tuesday is as fine a day as any to close up shop and read vol 6.

...go read volume 6.

• 1 month later...

OK. This book is epic in its awesomeness. I was slow to get into it--especially having seen the film first and falling in love w/ the characters in the film first--but now I'm 40 pages into vol 6. and it's . . . just . . .it's AWESOME, man! How can JZA not love this book? It's to gamers what a ziploc bag of glue is to a third world street urchin.

*edit*

Just finished vol. 6 and I have to say this is either the best book ever or the worst book ever to read after you've recently ended a long-term relationship.

Thanks for making an even larger ball of mixed emotions appear in my inner gut stuff, Mr. O'Malley. An excellent end to an enjoyable odyssey.

And I was really surprised how much the film's ending/last act mirrored the book's! O'Malley must've given Edgar Wright a script outline or something in the pre-development stages of the film, which would've been like two to three years ago. Which thusly means this O'Malley guy has had this completed story sitting around in his head, finished--just not drawn--for the entire time! He's like the rom-com-manga version of LOST. Only w/ a more satisfactory resolution.

Edited by Mr. Hakujin

• 1 month later...
Designed in glorious pixelvision by Paul Robertson of Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World: The Game, the slipcase will be sold with all six volumes of Scott Pilgrim or, awesomely, by itself for the many fans who've already purchased the collection. Either way, you get a fold-out poster by O'Malley created especially for the box.

5104796765ecefdabc8db-1288059500.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Reading up on this movie on wiki, I see Edgar Wright is directing, and he has yet to do anything wrong. The rest of the cast of minor character looks awesome too. Ann Veal from Arrested Development is in it, which is awesome. So this is all encouraging, still, from the way you're describing it, it seems to not be suited for the big screen. Guess I'll download it as see for myself.

Oh Holy snaps! I knew the ninja chick looked familiar, and it's her!!