Hondo's Bar

Scott Pilgrim

Iambaytor

The movie's just condensed action & references. There's no decompression as you'd call it. The part of the first volume I read, and then the wiki synopsis tells that the book is pretty much all the things I hate with the odd reference/action sequence to sucker in folks who like that BS. Hell, the movie's so damned visual I don't know how a black & white comics could adequately convey the awesome I witnessed in that movie.

see, the action in the book is cool (american manga style makes it flow) and the references...that's like 3/4 the strength ("you fight like a cow" etc). i dig you wanting to keep your original perception, but the book's so worth a read if you (like most of us) wanted more Wallace, for one. it's just more of the same.

I'm LOLing over here... Add to that I have very little tolerance for American Manga art, but I acknowledge that's a serious fault of mine & my inability to separate terrible art from masterful writing(not that I feel that's the case here, just accounting for the blind spot).

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5d5jxJ5vbM?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5d5jxJ5vbM?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5d5jxJ5vbM?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

• 1 year later...

new color edition comes out tomorrow (later today) -

Amazon Link

$14.24 on pre-order

Casually mentioned this on this thread and to my surprise many people werent aware, so I figured this could come in handy.

• 6” x 9” size (bigger)
  • hardcover
  • full color (colors by Nathan Fairbairn)
  • overseen and with newly ‘remastered’ art by myself
  • brand-new covers
  • brand-new ‘extras’ sections with sketchbook & development work, much of it previously unseen
  • first 3 volumes relettered with the font from the last 3 volumes
  • the ‘classic’ b&w editions will remain in print
  • color editions will come out 2 per year (1: august 2012, 2: october 2012, 3-4: 2013, 5-6: 2014)

Beyond the coloring there's some tweaks being made to the comics. Wether to fix stuff or to make it a tiny bit more in line to the latter books art style.

tumblr_m6p7qaGMsJ1ro3irro2_1280.jpg

tumblr_m6p7qaGMsJ1ro3irro1_1280.jpg

tumblr_m1rfjwN9jt1ro3irro1_1280.jpg

Special ex-boyfriend edition:

tumblr_m83q76YuiA1r67kz0o1_r1_1280.jpg

ONI PRESS ANNOUNCES ONLINE SALE DETAILS FOR SCOTT PILGRIM COLLECTOR’S EDITION

The time has come for all Scott Pilgrim fans to unite, conquer, and destroy our website capacity!

On August 8th, we will go live with our online sales for the LIMITED Scott Pilgrim Volume 1: Precious Little Life Collector’s Edition, along with the Regular and Evil-Ex Editions. Warm up your garlic bread and pour yourself a Coke Zero, because these puppies are going to go fast.

What is The Collector’s Edition? Go here!

How do you get one?

Simple. All you need to do is follow any of our social media outlets listed below and/or our website on August 8th. At some time during that day, we will be providing a direct link to our webstore, which is where you will be able to purchase only the Collector’s Edition (hint hint: we are in the Pacific Standard Time Zone). This link will only be available through the locations mentioned above and will not be not searchable on our website or anywhere else. From there it will be like any other online purchase from our webstore.

There is a limit of 2 Collector’s Editions per billing address and please allow for 2-3 weeks shipping, due to the volume of orders we will be receiving at one time.

The regular Scott Pilgrim Volume 1 Color Edition and Evil-Ex Edition books will be available for sale in our webstore like any other book, not requiring a separate link to purchase.

Once 500 are sold, the link will no longer be active.

We wish good luck and Scott-speed!

tumblr_m79t6ojrcC1ro3irro1_500.jpg

Vol 2 preorder $16 on amazon

tumblr_m6mdoldVku1rrl3u7o1_500.gif

That collector's edition is fucking epic! If it'd been released around the time of the film's release, when I was at my zenith of SP fanboydom, I would've dropped the $40 on it toot-sweet...not so much now. The hardcover color volumes would be nice to have in a library in a few years when the price drops down.