Hondo's Bar

Joaquin Phoenix - the downfall?

Signal08

Not sure if anyone made mention of this, but Mr. Phoenix has publically delcared that he is no longer interested in doing films. He wants to pursue a career in hip hop music. It is also known that his brother (I believe) is doing a docu on downfall or drugs or something about derailment. Now, not sure if Joaquin is doing this as part of the documentary as a joke/stint, or if this is him... being him. Here is his (or someone in his body) recent interview with Letterman.

ok, it is Case Affleck that is doing the docu on him...

It's Casey Affleck that's filming his transition into hip-hop. Also, he says he wants to make a (Pink Floyd's) The Wall of hip-hop.

Honestly, he says he's not doing films, yet Casey Affleck is making a documentary of him. I think this is all a Borat-like comedocumentary, where Phoenix is immersing himself in this role for a hilarious movie, of which the Letterman interview and other such public appearances will be included. I think it's brilliant. I could be wrong, and he's just on more drugs than Amy Winehouse and Chris Farley put together and there is no inside joke, but I don't think so.

Archived