Hondo's Bar

Is Kanye UNconscious? (title change)

Ron Hightower

Is Kanye Conscious?  

13 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

That could all be true, but Ye wearing a 'Donda'  nameplate- I don't know the correct name for those necklaces with a name on them?- for that awful single and video w/Lil' Pump shows us that we probably don't know shit about what drives that man.

25 minutes ago, The NZA said:

:lush:it's not wrong...i just quietly loathe the liberal attempt to whitewash bush jur as a good guy now because he passed a losange to michelle obama at mccain's funeral or whatever. 

put aside that he's been directly calling GOP senators to push for kavanaugh: whether it was cheney's baby or not, he openly used his power to push for the iraqi war, which directly & indirectly caused the death of thousands and the creation of isis.  no, trump being a fascist doesn't suddenly make him cool in comparison, he's a shit.

*nervous* Haha! I just thought the meme was funny.

I haven't fogotten what shit Bush Jr is and continues to be.

27 minutes ago, Jables said:

That could all be true, but Ye wearing a 'Donda'  nameplate- I don't know the correct name for those necklaces with a name on them?- for that awful single and video w/Lil' Pump shows us that we probably don't know shit about what drives that man.

ehh cmon, we've known since at least cruel winter that while he's not drakes level, he'll put on a younger artist to stay relevant, whoever it is. he's been that guy long before the maga hat 

• Like 1

My point there was that whatever the dude is capable of or able to ignore, I'm confident he's not wearing his mum's name while talking about "trifling-arse ho's".

I really hate to focus on the track itself but it's classic Kanye cypher- heartfelt recognition of female agency hidden in a hook using a dated and terribly offensive slang(IMO).

Invoking the Name of Donda is either him shrugging off the last 'control' or moral north(the collaboration with Dame fizzled and further supports this) or, my point, is that there's more to the message than we're seeing, as with most things related to Kanye.

• Upvote 1

i can kinda see that...i guess the juxtaposition (along with the aforemnetioned need to chart..he was clearly upset by his last single not getting radio play) show he's in a bad way, along with the move back to chicago.  i've tried to be more removed from the mess, but i keep seeing people legit worried that he's on the brink of an OD/suicide attempt.  i may not respect where dude is at at all but i don't want any of that either. 

11 hours ago, Mr. Hakujin said:

Just saw his SNL S43 opener performances and they were...lacking, to say the least. I feel like he's trying to put out a message of positivity with the last two tracks, but he's falling short. Also listened to that 7 song EP he put out with Cudi over the summer and found it pretty forgettable. Sad. 

Yeah. Honestly there's a lot about that SNL ep that bothered me. Him being on there felt tone deaf, giving him as much TIME out there was even worse (dude you cut the traditional ending for more of his BS). It did seem like his performances were more about lifting up the people playing with him, and him having less of center stage - but I just feel like he was the wrong act to have right now. 

• 2 weeks later...