Hondo's Bar

Good deals on comics

The NZA

cant recall if we have a thread like this; wanted somewhere for us to post when we find deals on shit (like walking dead HC 2 for $60 or so on InStockTrades.

maimi locals - Tate's is having their big-ass sale soon

TATE'S Sweet 16th Anniversary Sale!

RAIN OR SHINE!

Saturday, April 4, 2009; 10am-8pm

Sunday, April 5, 2009; 10am-5pm

OUTSIDE UNDER THE TENT:

COMICS 5 for $1 or 25¢ each

Fill up an entire longbox with comics for only $35!

Graphic Novels 50% OFF Cover Price

MANGA $3 each

DVDs 3 for $20 or $10 each

Toys and Action Figures 3 for $10 pr $4 each

T-Shirts 3 for $25 or $10 each

Plus huge discounts on statues, vinyl toys and other high end items!

INSIDE THE STORE:

All our back issue comics 50% OFF

Everything else inside the store 10% OFF

SWEET BONUS EVENTS!

Take a SWEET 16th souvenir photo!

Jellybean Guessin’ Jar with fabulous prizes!

Sunday at 1pm, Piñata filled with candy!

Also, don’t forget to grab your FREE Sweet 16th Anniversary Sale button,

while supplies last!

ie: we are there about 20 minutes before this starts, I'm just worried about the selection, all the discounts in the world don't matter if I don't find anything I like. I say we just go and then after go get brunch so we can gloat over our ill gotten goods!

we totally need to make a thread for you "i lived in japan for a while" people over in culture.

yeah, who else here has lived in japan?

and not to sound lame, but post pics of any cool swag y'all get at the sale. ya know, so us poor folk who neither have a kick-ass comic shop in their vicinity, nor could afford anything even if there was, can live vicariously. :ohface:

Goddamn!! Im seriously thinking about something that I'd like to try. AKA sending some money to Newtype and a list so he can buy me a couple of mangas. Damn, its to cheap 3 bucks a piece... Man!!! I wanna go to live there with you folks!! ^_^

nick agrees with angel, and if he can make it, nick will tragically be more prepared for early-morning shenanigans. nick also shares angel's hopes for deals on books/merch relevant to his interests.

Angel glad Nick agrees with Angel, about time Nick come around to Angel's greatness. :P

btw have they done this type of sale before?

yeah, its their sweet 16 since this is apparently an annual thing of theirs.

funny, sen was asking how this is a good diea for them, and i was saying its pretty awesome: they make a big event of clearing their overstock & getting something off of it, instead of paying for more storage and sitting on shit. plus, it looks to attract a huge crowd that you just know (including us) is likely to buy shit indoors, too. im totally taking notes for the hondo's shop down the road here.

should we do that thing where we list a few key books to grab for each other if they see it first? cause im after Nextwave, the Hellboy companion, uh, i dont imagine walking dead slipcase 2 or any absolute sandmans ill be out there...mebbe The Maxx. some Gotham Central, some Ex Machina...etc.

if they have the animated hellboy figure or a good berserk one, i could be sold on that. no idea what to expect, though. times arent quite hard enough to find bowen statues half-off, but a man can dream.

• 2 weeks later...

should have posted this on saturday but meh, i'm lazy.

We ended up spending I believe almost 4 hours there and proabbly way more money then we should have. Highlights included many hot chicks, much crying of stolen items(this was mostly nick ) and nick wanting to suck dick to get the money for caps shield(we offered to give him the money but he instsisted on sucking dick.... ) btw the shield they have is pretty cool if a little pricey.

overall much fun was had by all and I'd proabbly do it again next year(btw for a running total just between me and george we had 100 graphic novels/manga to take home :hmm:)

im game, but i wanna be there soon as it starts. im still salty bish & gun were on about how much berserk there was, and i didnt get any. piss.

the inside 10% thing can kinda suck it though, if i had a laptop idve sat right down and went straight to amazon.

im game, but i wanna be there soon as it starts. im still salty bish & gun were on about how much berserk there was, and i didnt get any. piss.

the inside 10% thing can kinda suck it though, if i had a laptop idve sat right down and went straight to amazon.

Did you buy anything? I remember seeing a bag but with nothing inside.

overall much fun was had by all and I'd proabbly do it again next year(btw for a running total just between me and george we had 100 graphic novels/manga to take home :ohface:)

Oh fuck off, where I live we have one single crappy comic shop that's (I swear) only opened on request.

The last twelve (I've been countin') times I've been in there they haven't had a single preacher graphic, nor v or watchmen.

So in conclusion, go fuck yourself :2T:

Archived