Hondo's Bar

Dead Rising 2

Thelogan

Long rumored, but never confirmed until recently, Dead Rising 2 will be coming to Xbox 360, PC and finally to you PS3 guys.

Not a whole lot is known at this point, it takes place in Fortune City, which is a fictional version of Las Vegas. It occurs several years after the first game, with Zombrex - a "cure" for the zombie disease that must be taken every 24 hours - readily available.

dead-rising-2-untitled-20090209100948084_640w.jpg

dead_rising_2.jpg

504x_dead_rising_2_wheel.jpg

THE HOUSE ALWAYS WINS, MOTHERFUCKER!

1236759883.jpg

I dug the first one, looking forward to this.

...damn. i still gotta finish part 1 one day, was surprisingly hard for me. this looks awesome so far though.

That game is merciless man, it's not just you. I grinded my lvl for hours before even attempting to make a serious attempt at actually beating it.

Hint: Play through until you have the opportunity to take the picture of the reunited elderly couple on the roof, netting you a ton of experience less than 15 minutes in, then start a new game. Lather, rinse, repeat until you're a zombie slaughtering god of death.

• 1 month later...
I cannot wait, DR was one of my favorite early games on the 360, it did did survival horror wit a sense of humor, which was pretty damned impressive. Plus, chainsawing Zombies does not get old.

Speaking as somebody who not only bought but finished all 3 Evil Dead games, I assure you, it does.

i hope they do a bioshock and release part 1 for ps3. its pretty annoying when they make a sequel for all platforms when the first one was exclusive...... ex: saints row. i see this happening with crackdown which i really wanna try out. this barely happens though cause saints row is the only one i can really think of.

Eh, i get the complaints about Dead Rising not porting, but again, for me, the time has passed.

2007 was a particularly slow year for the PS3, we really coulda used Dead Rising back then (Oblivion and a few others were godsends at the time). Some ports come over so late (especially when a sequels nearly out) that i dont know how relevant it is; you could put it up for like $30-40 but would that recoup the costs of porting it? the game industry, salesewise, has ADD with its shelf-life. I mean, Lost Planet finally showed up, and i dont know how many cared.

Now, if they did like x-box 1 and packaged the earlier game in with the sequel as a bonus or some shit, that might be cool.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

"When gaming becomes a chore": Pancho, this is your life.

seriously, you're 20k deep now, which is impressive but not even halfway there. at what point does this stop being a labor of love? i mean, its more enjoyable than watching 300 297 more times, but fucking hell, at least Little Rocket Man achievement would change scenery for you.

• 1 year later...

not a lot've attention on this game. i don't blame zombie over-saturation as much as Capcom messing with their new IPs and kinda changing up a lot of what people liked about the first one (same with Lost Planet). hope this one doesn't bomb, but i don't have as much attachment as some of ya'll either...we'll see.

I agree it's weird, but I actually feel better about this storyline. Dude uses his X-Games motorcycle talents to raise money for his infected daughter. Gets caught in a Zombie Apocalypse while in Vegas! Kills zillions of zombies with weapons that'll make MacGyver proud! Where do I sign up?!

• 3 weeks later...

CASE 0 RELEASES TODAY!

dr2-case0-title.jpg

You'll be able to grab the Xbox Live Arcade exclusive demo-and-prequel for 400 Microsoft Points.

For your money, you'll be able to enjoy zombie-battering combo weapons and 'psycho' boss fights ahead of Dead Rising 2's 24th September release.

Various attributes and bonuses collected in Case 0 can also be transferred to your Dead Rising 2 save file too - up to five player levels, Prestige Points, skills, Combo Cards and alternate outfits.

dead-rising-2.jpg

Wooo!

I really wonder why more games don't do this sort of thing. Fable 2 did, and as a result I got to start the game with a few million bucks. It builds excitement and surely can't hurt sales (unless it's something like Two Worlds where they're relying on deception to sell launch day units)

INB4 charging you to play a demo. No. It's an XBLA game with achievements and everything.

Archived