Hondo's Bar

D-wade

gunsmithx

I'm wondering if people realize just what we are watching down here, Wade's play has been, to use an overused term, Jordanesque. He's the league's leading scorer with 29 points avg and I believe he's avging 40 since the break. he's also top 10 in assist and on the defsinve end he's in the top possibly making a record number of blocks for a player his hieght. It was all toped off last night but a last second steal followed by a 3 point shot to win the game in 2ot(I'll find a video and post it up tonight).

The man is not just one of the best(if not flat out the best) player in the NBA today but at the end we'll be looking at one of the all time greats. I hope we know how lucky we are atm.

Wade racked up 48 points, 12 assists, six rebounds, four steals and three blocks.

Since at least 1986-87, no player has gone for 48 points, 12 assists and three blocks. Only one man -- Michael Jordan -- has had 40 points with 12 assists and three blocks. Heck, only two players since 1986-87 have done the 48 points/12 assists bit: Larry Joe Bird and Stephon Marbury.

• 2 weeks later...

This guy is a monster. I think 'assists' is the most underrated catagory in basketball. Assists is your part in the 2 or 3 points on the board. You dished it off to an open player who then scored immediately there after. So Wades 500+ assist is at minimum another 1000 points for the team.

John Stockton was one of my old shool fav players, as he was Mr Assist. Scott Skiles was another assist monster.

----

Anywho, Wade is an awesome man too, as he bought a house for a fire victimized family, and got them all tons of gifts as it happened during the holidays. He also gave his jersey to a special needs kid or something the other night. Just a classy guy, who came back stronger than ever after surgery. He is an asset no matter where he is.

In some ways it's kinda shame that lebron is having a very good season too because it's overshadowing wade since the media loves lebron(omg the media not giving someone from miami enough credit.... what a shock ><) I can't wait till we are done building this team in a year or 2, should be something really special then.

I dont think its Lebron thats taking the spotlight, I think its the Heat dancing around .500 while the Cavs (with James) have won more games than any other team this season. Hell, Orlando has the 3rd best record in the NBA, and other than local news stations, there is never mention of us. Sports Center, Fox Sports ect... always rant and rave about Kobe, Shaq, Lebron, Wade, even Duncan and Iverson... Orlando just doesn't have clout man. I think when Shaq left, Miami's national cloiut dropped a little. I am sure it will be diff when the playoffs start.

• 3 weeks later...

You can't win MVP by leading the the league in scoring alone. Granted, Wade has taken a team that won 15 games last seasonto the 5th spot in the Eastern Conference playoffs, but it is the Eastern Conference playoffs...Lebron is gonna finish the year leading his team in points, rebounds, assists, steals, etc. while finishing with the best record in the league (not just conference) and an unbelievable record at home. There is absolutely no arguement here, this year its the king.

and the king is wade, I agree no agrument :P

btw on a random it's not the player(and yes lebron is awesome him,kode and wade are 3, 2, 1 and not in any order) it's simply the best player on the best team, if wade was over 50-55 wins I promise it would be a very tight race. part of the problem is that the voting used to be done by the players and now it's done by the media.

Archived