Hondo's Bar

Yummyful celebrities, anyone?

No, its allowed, but for what its worth, all music comes and goes in trends.  Rap was much bigger in the early 90's then now, as was grunge.  Punk was larger in early 80's, while Jazz hasnt been mainstream since about WW II or so.  These things come & go in trends, it happens.

Im not necessarily defendin boy bands here, but it seems to be the current form of pop music, largely, and while pop might be on its way out the door in the comin year or so, i question what'll replace it....back to R&B? House or some other domesticated form of techno?  Its interestin to watch, but far better to pick & choose what ya liked of each trend & just explore, i think.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Although, I do have to add that I don't really think that listing off all the hot/popular celebs in hollywood really makes sense in the culture forum, I do see how it's appealing/entertaining...

Interesting how so many of these posts have a few names in common.

I personally think I'm attracted to the weirdos in hollywood. Never have been one for the pretty boys.

I think Jeanneane Garafolo is adorable, and Kirsten Dunst is beautiful, and Parker Posey wins the award for "slightly scary, but attractive nonetheless". As for guys, David Duchovny has that mysterious sexiness, Matt Lillard has that weirdo-punk coolness thing going for him, and the recent incarnations of Johnny Depp (i.e. Chocolat and parts of Blow) are very "pretty."

Other than that, I'm not really sure about guys. It's rare to find one that's attractive and intriguing. I still can't seem to find someone recently who really comes to mind the way that a young Harrison Ford (in the Days of Star Wars) does, or the way that Sean Connery at any age does.  They're not just good looking men, they're intriguing, attractive, and seem to have a sense of personality that is admirable off screen as well.

Ok, so blah blah blah.  I'm not one for celebs, but since we're talking about beauty here, too, I guess I got into it.

Glad you agree on Julia Stiles, Athena! Agree on your Janeane Garafolo call, she's too cool! I like your taste, I don't go for the supposed typical good looks all the time. In fact loads of women who everyone else thinks is the hottest thing walking, I find unstriking? ???

Christina Ricci is hot too...

• 2 weeks later...

I'll take Christina Ricci in almost any version.  Though I have to comment that (although I like her character in Ally McBeal right now) she looks pretty scary in these episodes of Ally McBeal she's been guest-starring in.  My friend's girlfriend watches it all the time, so I saw her in it a couple of times while I was over.  Their FOX network stylists totally succeeded in making her look as unattractive as possible. They made her look like an anorexic alien baby with an enormous forehead.  I know that she's adorable, and got an amazingly sexy attitude, but dammit, at least they could try to make her look good!

Yeah I know, that freaked me out a little too. Excellent call on Harrisson ford and Sean Connery. That's exaclty how I feel about them. Julia stiles has a certian appeal as well.

who else, let's see....I know ppl say she's lost her flare, but Katherine Zeta Jones is amazing I think.

Also, Edward Norton. He was hot even as a natzi!

• 3 years later...