Hondo's Bar

Dragon Age: Origins

The NZA

That's what I want and I am trying but I can't find a trainer for it. I finally got

Zehvran

in my party and there was some dialogue about it, but inevitably

he said no because the Crows wouldn't like it, when I said "OK, keep your word" or something like that, he said that my interest was intriguing and he might consider it

Question. I gave

Flemeth's Grimoire

to

Morrigan

, did you ever see that come into play?

Also, what romances? Is this something that happens when the approval meter is maxed? My character is female, so I imagine I'm missing a lot of the male chauvinistic dialogues, hah!

STOP READING SPOILERS!!!!

From my understanding: You've got to be male to have a romance with

Morrigan

, female for one with

Alistair

, but

Leliana

and

Zevran

are open to either sex.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Leliana

is hot. I like redheads...I think I'll give her all the gifts.

I think that the higher your campanion's approval is, the more abilities they unlock. There are gifts specific to certain characters, too. So it's a good idea to be careful about what gifts you give.

I think that the higher your campanion's approval is, the more abilities they unlock. There are gifts specific to certain characters, too. So it's a good idea to be careful about what gifts you give.

Yeah, I read some forums.

One companion likes anything with Andraste on it. Another food and bones. Another wine. Another relics. etc etc. Everything has a base of +5. If it is particular to them, you get a bonus. I got a +16 by giving

Allistair his mother's amulet

Enchantment?

Save those two Dwarven merchants you meet in the first village and they'll show up in your camp. Talk to them about enchanting items with the random runes you find. Not sure which items can and cannot be enchanted. So far it looks like only specific weapons have rune slots.

Save those two Dwarven merchants you meet in the first village and they'll show up in your camp. Talk to them about enchanting items with the random runes you find. Not sure which items can and cannot be enchanted. So far it looks like only specific weapons have rune slots.

Ugh. That dwarven enchanter was annoying.

Well, you could, but it'd be appreciated if you'd spoiler text it and let readers now before hand that it was about him.

I don't like spoiling things, but in the same turn I hate sitting on stuff. I keep forgetting that most of y'all ain't level 19 on your second playthrough.

... And this last 2 pages of conversation are the reason I dropped off Mass effect. Handling complex relationships and party members in RL is annoying. This is no kind of escapism(except that I can't lose my wife to darkspawn going to the 711*).

*wait, yes I can

As a rogue, I want to be snide and say mean things...kinda like, get into character. But if I do, I feel like I'm going to lose companions or trust with people. Anyone ever try the intimidating role? Coerce by fear and such? I had to get a key like that in one scenario since I exhausted all my other options. But I lost a bunch of brownie points with someone when I did. Made sure my coerce skill was a level higher the second time I did it and was able to avoid upsetting anyone.

I just want everyone to like me! :sad:

It all depends on who you are with as well as the situation. In VERY general terms you have Allistar, Wynne, and Leliana the goodie goodies (though they can change a bit), Sten, Morrigan, and Zevran, "the kill em alls", and Shale, Dog, and Oghren, the pets (Ok, not really, but they are more a mix, cept for dog) It takes a LOT for party members to leave you, and a few simply won't, no matter how pissed off you make them.

I always find its best to play the characters however you want to, and deal with what happens, saving often enough so that if you really mess up (which is pretty damn hard, all things considered) you can reload.

• 2 weeks later...

When I play evil, I stick with it.

I'm actually making an effort to get Allistair to hate me.

I've been fucking Morrigan for a while (AKA lifelessly rubbing our puppet like avatars together while wearing odd underwear).

I rescued Sten with the specific idea of forcing him to be my slave, he doesn't approve of me much.

I didn't even let Leliana join, told her to fuck off.

Me and Shale are pretty tight. She seems to "get" me.

Oghren is indifferent.

I have no quarrel with the Mabari.

I've been fucking Morrigan for a while (AKA lifelessly rubbing our puppet like avatars together while wearing odd underwear).

You're one creepy son of a bitch. How's that compare to rubbing your puppet like actual body against another while wearing odd underwear in real life? I mean to say, which is more fun?

You're one creepy son of a bitch. How's that compare to rubbing your puppet like actual body against another while wearing odd underwear in real life? I mean to say, which is more fun?

You ask a most valid question.

R U sure you're a troll?

Archived