Hondo's Bar

Red Dead Redemption

The NZA

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking forward to a big posse with this game.

On the SP I have to say that this is be best western game I have ever played. The SP missions, with a few exceptions have all been damned good, and the ending was amazing. ROckstar San Diego really gets what made the great Westerns great.

maldrons gonna hate

that said, the single player's enjoyable but i dont know what the fuck im doing. taking bish's advice, i kept at the bonnie sidemissions and got a nice horse & lasso, thought i completed that one but when i save, it says im still on that mission (something & tempest)? thing is, i can wander about & am having a fair time taking down bounties, etc, but how do you know what's next to progress to in the story mode? unless i set a course, there's no red x's. i did one for the sheriff in that other town where we saved some group from cattle ranchers, but nothing since. what am i supposed to be doing, besides lassoing in targets?

maldrons gonna hate

that said, the single player's enjoyable but i dont know what the fuck im doing. taking bish's advice, i kept at the bonnie sidemissions and got a nice horse & lasso, thought i completed that one but when i save, it says im still on that mission (something & tempest)? thing is, i can wander about & am having a fair time taking down bounties, etc, but how do you know what's next to progress to in the story mode? unless i set a course, there's no red x's. i did one for the sheriff in that other town where we saved some group from cattle ranchers, but nothing since. what am i supposed to be doing, besides lassoing in targets?

Look at your map... any LARGE WHITE LETTERS you see... those are story missions. For example Bonnie is a BIG WHITE B. You might have a few at a time on your map... there is no order to them. You can do whichever you want. Just keep doing them and more will unlock. Non-GTA playing bitches.

Look at your map... any LARGE WHITE LETTERS you see... those are story missions. For example Bonnie is a BIG WHITE B. You might have a few at a time on your map... there is no order to them. You can do whichever you want. Just keep doing them and more will unlock. Non-GTA playing bitches.

What do you mean non GTA? GUN DID THE SAME FUCKING THING!!!!

Oh HAI in Escelara (sp? it's in mexico) kill a deer then go to the general store to get like a billion credits for your hide- buy yourself a nice horse. Unfortuantley the glitch only lasts for the time spent when your in the store, as soon as you leave the store your cash goes back to normal. Found this little glitch last night :FHD: .

I still can't seem to get into multiplayer. serious bummer.

Murdertrain A Comin'.

dude how the fuck did they do that? I was going for my dastardly trophy yesterday and put a bitch on the tracks. and when I was walking away the camera turned around for like 2 seconds, when I looked back that ho was gone. o.O took me thrity minutes, but I found a nice Nun willing to take that young lady's place, but still that was frustrating

fuckaGTA! nobody finishes those

What do you mean non GTA? GUN DID THE SAME FUCKING THING!!!!

oh, i should've referred to a 2007 game, makes sense.

cant find Bonnie, moving onto the next letter of the alphabet.

hint-

bonnie only appears when she needs to, she'll be the B on your map, the game forces you to do certain things in a certain order. You can't go to certain places until it LETS you. Do everything you want to do in America before going to mexico, I've learned that the hard way just trying to push through story mode as fast as i can, because rumor has it, once you finish the story mode, much like fallout 3, YOU ARE DONE.

you can get back to the U.S. after doing a few missions in mexico, but it's a pain in the arse.

God i love this game. I forgot to update my xbox live so i'll be off for a week. poo! see ya'll soon.

ah, shit - good to know, thank you good doctor.

honestly, i shoudlve guessed letters. all these RPG's have spoiled me: push start, select mission/etc tab, what the fuck was i supposed to be doing again? , etc.

im also clearly doing some side missions outta order; i keep getting townspeople crying about missing loved ones, then go examine bloody remains and nothing comes of it. American Appetites is meant for later, methinks.

ah, shit - good to know, thank you good doctor.

honestly, i shoudlve guessed letters. all these RPG's have spoiled me: push start, select mission/etc tab, what the fuck was i supposed to be doing again? , etc.

im also clearly doing some side missions outta order; i keep getting townspeople crying about missing loved ones, then go examine bloody remains and nothing comes of it. American Appetites is meant for later, methinks.

Nah, that's just how it goes, there are a few times that you do it before you get the payoff for it. But there is nothing you are missing story wise for that one.

hint-

bonnie only appears when she needs to, she'll be the B on your map, the game forces you to do certain things in a certain order. You can't go to certain places until it LETS you. Do everything you want to do in America before going to mexico, I've learned that the hard way just trying to push through story mode as fast as i can, because rumor has it, once you finish the story mode, much like fallout 3, YOU ARE DONE.

you can get back to the U.S. after doing a few missions in mexico, but it's a pain in the arse.

This is not true, well the last part anyway,

you CAN keep playing after the last mission,

I'm doing it myself to get stranger missions and the like I missed.

Ok, this is an actual serious business Spoiler. Do not reveal it unless you want to ruin the ending of the game, or you just don't care.

John Marston does indeed die at the end, but that does not mean you cannot continue playing. Think Phantasy Star III.

bish-

Has anyone confirmed for themselves here on the boards? Has anyone finished the game? Can you go back and do the 'stranger' missions when you finish the game??? Please PM me, i want to get to the end (didn't read logan's spoiler- don't wanna know storyline spoilers haha) but i don't want to do it if it means skipping out on missions!

NZA- use those side (mini)missions to gain honor/fame or lose honor/fame. there's an achievement for it so you might as well go for it. I skip out on some bogus ones- if someone 'needs a ride' i just skip it. Don't use 'bandanna' while doing these- if you do you gain only small amounts of cash, no fame/honor. Makes sense if you think about it (learned it the hard way as well).

I'm trying like hell to not visit other boards besides this thread when it comes to gameplay- way to many false statements out there!!

Also- i have yet to gain fame/honor in mexico, found my way to america to get the achievements for 'bucking awesome' and the fame/honor one.

found 4 outfits so far, only 2 are useful... gahh!

Edited by HypnotizinChikns

WOW! So last night's Red Dead session was the most fun I've had on Xbox in a LONG time. Hat's off to Rockstar for making a stellar single player AND a multiplayer that doesn't like a "me too," tacked on obligitory add on.

SO.....when are we gonna hit it up again.

Last Night was Epic!!!

I say we need to get that posse going again and find a pretty full free roam place and wreak some havoc. Could definitely be fun. Taking over Chuparosa was awesome, maybe we should try Armadillo next time?

That stagecoach part was the best ever!!!!!!!!!!!!