Hondo's Bar

Hondos Inc

The NZA

Welcome to Hondo's Inc!

I know a few of you are gonna be initially wary of the changes, but thanks to StillBored's efforts, we now have corporate sponsorship! :yup:

of course, with that comes policies and regulations which we will now strictly adhere to. I know its going to be a shock initially, but im certain our community will be made better for it.

On said changes:

1. Yes, the old forums are gone. Unfortunately, much of their content did not meet the stringent requirements of Flickr/Yahoo for said sponsorship. This was initially upsetting, but after discussing this with StillB, there's an upside: we can now recreate the forum in a more orderly manner - better structure for Google hits, and more blue ocean/family friendly.

2. Yes, signatures & avatars are gone. This is part of our ongoing efforts to minimize use of bandwith, and we've been told in the months to come, with the right number of hits, we should raise enough revenue to enjoy these options again.

3. Yes, the forum is going to require a monthly membership in the future. Fortunately, we're working on a referral system that gives you free membership blocks for every member recruited, after their 100th post! We are of course still ironing out the details, but until then, all current members are grandfathered in/allowed to post for free. New registrations, however, will not be accepted during this time.

4. Yes, the site name will be changing. Flickr has insisted they will do their best with the transition to HondosInc.com, as the older "bar" image, as members pointed out in the past, did not reflect the sort of mainstream image we're hoping to establish here - honestly, the further we get from drinks & whores, the better.

these are just some of the many changes on board, and likely will be implemented very rapidly, so hold on tight & help us create an even better community in the process! I hope everyone's as excited a I am.

StillB will be by soon to get into the technical end of it, but for now, enjoy!

~Hondos Inc Management

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey everyone! Welcome for the first time or welcome back to Hondo's Inc!

As many of you know, a while back I began work on a project called HondoShare. I actually announced work on a new version called HondoShare 2 not too long ago. Well, this is the fruit of my efforts.

Essentially, it comes down to this:

* While working on HondoShare 2, I was approached with an offer by the fine folks at Flickr/Yahoo. Apparently, I was doing something they felt they could use.

* They made a deal with me concerning the usage of the source code I was working on.

* Also (and here's where the Hondo's changeover comes in), apparently Nick never registered Hondo's as an actuall corporate entity, so the name and rights defaulted back to me somehow.

* In an effort to keep things civil, Nick decided it would be best to go along with the funding from Flickr/Yahoo, as important things can finally be done around here.

There are many, many new and exciting changes coming to the board:

* HondoShare is dead. We will be rolling out full integration with Flickr in the following weeks.

* Here shortly, we will also allow any Yahoo! ID to login to our system, as well as any independent Flickr ID.

* Actual time and resources for developing new features!

So that's the jist of the whole thing. Have fun, and let the good times roll!

Alan Macon

-Lead Designer/Product Development

...and off to a bad start. i wish my boy didnt have to lead as an example, but again, when we reevaluate our poliicies with flickr/yahoo next month, ill see if i can get him back in.

Sorry panch. meantime everyone, let's try to focus on the positive aspects of this new direction.

im not sure what you're on about, newt: the old hondos was bleeding money, this one's looking to make at least $35/month.

also, skeeter: panch unfortunately violated the rule multiple times, you'll get off this once with a warning. please refrain from such obscenities in the future.

This is entirely real, guys. I've keep this from friends, family...everyone. I left my job to ride this thing to the end.

This is my dream, guys. I know it's tough right now, but it's gonna rock...you'll see.

i just spoke to paul over in tech support, he says he's working on member name/locations and profanity. ill follow up tomorrow morning.

Oh yeah, you just have to love Paul. How's his wife and kids doing? I know he said they were heading up to Deluth over the weekend to see the grandparents.

im not sure what you're on about, newt: the old hondos was bleeding money, this one's looking to make at least $35/month.

also, skeeter: panch unfortunately violated the rule multiple times, you'll get off this once with a warning. please refrain from such obscenities in the future.

I love the new hondos.

Now Nick will be able to pay me back. :mad:

Alright! My PayPal is all set up (unless you guys would prefer cashiers checks or unmarked non-consecutive $20's, of course), and I've got some new folks that are just itchin' to join.Just so I know what to tell my employer, what percentage of tithe do you guys prefer?

Ask yourself just how bad do you want to spend a day in my room. You pay up and you can visit it anytime you want.
That better not have anything to do with "knowing in the biblical sense". :mad: