Hondo's Bar

Two Hundred & Fifty Dollars Worth of Pudding!

It happens from time to time. VH1 too. That show I asked you to get me (Free Radio) is on VH1 and I think that's the best formula for mixing improv with scripted television I've ever seen. Besides, this was from the early nineties. The MTV of the early nineties is a far cry from the MTV of today. Daria was an awesome show for example.

It happens from time to time. VH1 too. That show I asked you to get me (Free Radio) is on VH1 and I think that's the best formula for mixing improv with scripted television I've ever seen. Besides, this was from the early nineties. The MTV of the early nineties is a far cry from the MTV of today. Daria was an awesome show for example.

TRUFAX.

Oh man, I miss Daria! I need to find something online or DVD.... are there even Daria DVDs? Google, here I come!

TRUFAX.

Oh man, I miss Daria! I need to find something online or DVD.... are there even Daria DVDs? Google, here I come!

No. There's an online petition, but no DVDs yet. Evidently, one of the hold ups in all the snippets of music that played as transitional music. The rights to all those songs have to be reacquired legally. The other hold-up is MTV believing there is a lack of public interest.

Between Clone High, Ren and Stimpy, Beavis and Butthead, The Maxx, and Celebrity Deathmatch I would have to say fuck yes.

^^

I already had your back on that shiz. And did Ren & Stimpy start out on MTV? I thought they were always a Nicktoon.

If I'm not mistaken, R&S were only on Nick...and oh, how I loved it!!!

If I'm not mistaken, R&S were only on Nick...and oh, how I loved it!!!

I think I remember seeing Ren and Stimpy on MTV too, but it definitely debuted on Nick. I remember seeing the first episode, after the first episode of Rugrats, which was after the first episode of Doug.

Man, going from Doug to Rugrats to Ren & Stimpy seems like it'd be a major mindfuck.

It's on their TV Land sister channel now. Going from Mayberry RFD to Ren in Stimpy is not unlike stepping on a landmine.

Yeah, looked it up, it ran on MTV from 1992-1998 we only had the good old 3 channel system (ABC, NBC, and PBS, maybe Fox if there was an equinox and you were wearing a 30 foot satelite dish on your head) so I only knew of this show from episodes my brother had taped off on TV when he went over to his friends' house. They all bore the MTV logo so I never imagined that it was a Nick toon since the point when I was introduced to Nickolodeon they were already busy phasing out all their less kid-friendly programming (though Rocko's Modern Life did manage to squeak by.) And now you know... the rest of the story.

^^

Nickelodeon & MTV are both owned by Paramount, which I think may be owned by GE now...maybe...so it's possible it did have an MTV Studios logo or something on at the end of the show.

I was pretty hardcore into the "HAPPY, HAPPY! JOY, JOY!" boys back in the day. This was way back in the early 90 before things like highspeed Interwebs and DL'n episodes, so I had to catch 'em on Nick when I could (they were always changing the air time for new episodes). I still have a Stimpy plush that farts when you squeeze him. :???:

• 2 months later...

This comes out on DVD next Tuesday (a.k.a. Harry Potter 6 Midnight Release Nerdfest Day). Amazon currently sells it cheapest @ $39. I'll likely wait until it comes down closer to the $20-$25 range. I've got enough unwatched discs to watch while I wait...but you never know, the urge to watch all that puddin' may hit and thus compel me to shell out the extra $$$.

Archived