Hondo's Bar

Blargh - The Random Thread

The NZA

I left early this morning...and I still got a few minutes late to work! Heh, I caught a train on my way. *sigh* This is the third time this week...but it was only a few minutes so it wasn't a big deal.

My boss is cool so he lets it slide, but I don't want to make this a habit and him think that I'll do this more often.

Edited by dante

I spoke to my dad yesterday and he failed to mention that my grandma had broken her other hip in a fall yesterday. I'm gonna go see her tonight...but how can you overlook telling me something like that...it happened the night before! My dad has his head in the clouds.

Still, I guess I should call her more often.

I'm getting all the photos from the Photo Gallery to work on any ideas (ideas I haven't gotten from ya'll) that I can do at this point.

I went to see grandma, but they must have had her on painkillers because she was conked out, and I didn't want to wake her. I'll see her tomorrow.

HOW TO STAY YOUNG

1. Throw out nonessential numbers. This includes age, weight and height. Let the doctor worry about them. That is why you pay him/her.

2. Keep only cheerful friends. The grouches pull you down.

3. Keep learning. Learn more about the computer, crafts, gardening, whatever. Never let the brain idle. "An idle mind is the devil's workshop," And the devil's name is Alzheimer's.

4. Enjoy the simple things.

5. Laugh often, long and loud. Laugh until you gasp for breath.

6. The tears happen. Endure, grieve, and move on. The only person who is with us our entire life, is God. Be ALIVE while you are alive.

7. Surround yourself with what you love, whether it's family, pets, keepsakes, music, plants, hobbies, whatever. Your home is your refuge.

8. Cherish your health: If it is good, preserve it. If it is unstable, improve it. If it is beyond what you can improve, get help.

9. Don't take guilt trips. Take a trip to the mall, to the next county, to a foreign country, but NOT to where the guilt is.

10. Tell the people you love that you love them, at every opportunity.

AND ALWAYS REMEMBER: Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.