Hondo's Bar

Blargh - The Random Thread

The NZA

I AM AN ACCOUNTING GENIUS!!

Its taken me all day, but I FINALLY figured out why the bank reconciliation did not balance.

Now, having nothing else to do with 90 minutes before home time, im going to take this here paper clip and see whos stationary/desk drawers I can break into.... and whos staplers/calculators I can strategically hide.... serves everyone whos not here right for going on leave...

actual internship question:

"So ms. edwin, can you please tell us about your personal style in as few words as possible"

*I don't even bother to correct the pronounciation of my last name*

thinking.. damn... and this comes out:

"Audrey Hepburn meets Bollywood meets the East Bay"

they say:

"that's the best answer we've heard all day"

me: superficial.. yet satisfying, I love fashion.

slsk429.jpg

I am lame, but I get jokes.

"Dowe, its not that anyone questions that you're smart. You're just....slow."

New smell this evening: Burning. New guest (or soon to be): Creepy old man ghost who lives upstairs. And, apparently, SMELLS LIKE BURNING.

He's there, I promise, and I'm not the only one who's seen him.

but I am the only one who smells him...

January 7, 2006

Exclusive: Tim Burton & Johnny Depp Team For 'Sweeney Todd'

By Andrew Hartman, MovieMusicals.net

According to anonymous sources, director Tim Burton and actor Johnny Depp, who together have worked on five major motion pictures including 'Edward Scissorhands' and more recently 'Charlie & the Chocolate Factory,' will team once more for the upcoming movie musical adaptation of Stephen Sondheim's 'Sweeney Todd.'

Depp will portray title character Sweeney Todd - the demon barber or Fleet Street - who slits the throats of his innocent (and not-so-innocent) customers.

As of last year, Sam Mendes ('Road to Perdition,' 'Jarhead') was rumored to be the frontrunner to direct, however he left the project shortly after 'Jarhead' opened in theatres.

It is unknown if Burton will opt to use the existing John Logan screenplay adaptation, or start from scratch. Therefore, a release date cannot be predicted at this time.

'Sweeney Todd' first opened on Broadway in 1979 which starred Len Cariou, Angela Lansbury, Victor Garber, and Ken Jennings. The show is currently on Broadway in its second revival, starring Patti LuPone and Michael Cerveris. The show features a score by legendary composer Stephen Sondheim who in his career has earned eight Tony awards, including Best Score for 'Sweeney Todd.'

An official announcement is expected in the coming weeks.

I said before kind sirs, that Mr. Depp is no Wilder, and a prostetic enhanced Helena Bonham Carter will never be Angela Landsbury (that is if Helena Bonham Carter will be in that role, and she will...puny humans, she will). Fuck Burton. Fuck Depp. Fuck those fucks outside in the hot-tub making all that noise.