Hondo's Bar

Blargh - The Random Thread

The NZA

Agent drops ‘A Million Little Pieces’ author

Evashevski says she can't trust Frey after revelations about lies in book

NEW YORK - It’s true, James Frey, you need a new literary manager.

Brillstein-Grey Entertainment literary manager Kassie Evashevski, who represented the author of “A Million Little Pieces” for more than four years, said she’s not representing him anymore because of his tall tales.

“In the last week, it became impossible for me to maintain a relationship once the trust had been broken,” Evashevski told Publisher Weekly for a story on Tuesday. “He eventually did apologize, but I felt for many reasons I had to let him go as a client.”

Frey’s story about drug addiction and recovery, originally released in 2003, zoomed up The New York Times best seller list when Oprah Winfrey named it her book club selection in September 2005. But early this year, The Smoking Gun Web site challenged some parts of the book, including Frey’s claim that he served a three-month stint in prison. Frey later admitted he had spent only a few hours in jail and had fabricated or embellished other parts of “Pieces.”

Evashevski said she had chosen to represent “Pieces” because “I thought the book was the most visceral and vivid description of drug addiction I had ever read.”

She told Publisher Weekly she didn’t believe Frey set out to con anyone and she learned about his deception only after he called her to say thesmokinggun.com would be running a negative story about him.

She said she had kept quiet on the debate about “Pieces,” which included Frey’s appearances on CNN’s “Larry King Live” and Winfrey’s television shows, because she wanted to let Frey speak for himself.

Winfrey telephoned King’s show to express support for Frey, but days later she challenged the author on her own show about why he “felt the need to lie” about the events in his book and chastised him for betraying readers.

Frey told Winfrey he didn’t think of his book as a novel, despite its fiction.

“I still think it’s a memoir,” he said.

© 2006 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

I really hope that maybe all this shit will turn Frey into a junkie. Fucking asshole.

Web cam Scenes from a remote Trailer Park town off the Coast of barren Iceland...

sexmachine25vc.jpg

bigfootgas8fb.jpg

naked7ae.jpg

We’re on a road to nowhere

There’s a city in my mind

Come along and take that ride

And it’s all right, baby, it’s all right

And it’s very far away

But it’s growing day by day

They can tell you what to do

But they’ll make a fool of you

Edited by MusicManiac

TWAT

What's a twat? Don't know. IC called me a twat. I like the sound of it. So I yelled twat for the hell of it.

Hot Costner

Which I'm going to be yelling at random points during megacon to see how would people react to me saying Hot Costner.

bukkake

Which is what we should say after we meet some comic bookwriter and artist. When ask what it means we just say it our victory cry for meeting someone in the biz. laughing behind thier backs knowing what it really means.