Hondo's Bar

Blargh - The Random Thread

The NZA

man, playing devil's advocate is so much more fun.

in other news, i have a fucking powerpoint due on the prevention of juvenile delinquincy due next week, a position paper due in two weeks after that on a social public policy (i'm undecided between late term abortions or parental consent in abortion), a literature review and and article analysis due a week after that, and a grant proposal and another literature review and analysis of a developmental period as it pertains to my family due two weeks after that. fuck november and december. this is not including the 8 exams i still have left. or the fact that a teacher that i have for 2 classes has a high failure rate due to his ridiculous grading standards on the papers he assigns. also, i can't get anything lower than a 'B' in any of these classes or else i have to take them over again. in other words, if anyone sees me on hondos and/or myspace, yell at me or slap me in the head if you live with me.

The Killers' frontman Brandon Flowers has publically declared his outrage over recent fame and attention Green Day has received. Flowers contests that the track 'American Idiot' is being misconstrued by many abroad as anti-American, and the fact that Green Day filmed their DVD Bullet In A Bible, in the UK, only furthers to perpetuate the assumption.

You have Green Day and 'American Idiot'. Where do they film their DVD? In England. A bunch of kids screaming 'I don't want to be an American idiot' I saw it as a very negative thing towards Americans. It really lit a fire in me. I just thought it was really cheap. To go to a place like England or Germany and sing that song - those kids aren't taking it the same way that he meant it. And he [billie Joe Armstrong] knew it.

Man, if they started shooting each other...not hating on the bands just that I wanna see rock guys take beef to the level of the hiphoppers (hiphoppers...I sound like 2track Huxtable. Give me my hood pass immediatly!).