Hondo's Bar

Blargh - The Random Thread

The NZA

gonna say this once, to have it in the open, and respectfully ask to not have replies & such made of it: ive been absent 'cause i got hired to a fire department, got to work there for a short while, and then got laid off last week due largely to cutbacks. It didnt bring much warning, and worse yet caused me to miss an opportunity with a department i'dve rather been with by all of a week...that's what you get for settling, it seems.

if any good comes from this, once this city votes on the property tax issue in january, both of our major fire departments will have their budgets, and look to hire again: my first choice should open up for the first time in nearly 3 years (im hoping they move a bit quicker this time...) and another great one will likely start in april, and im already on their list...i just really have to train even harder, as theyre the roughest academy in south florida (its six months instead of six weeks; theyre like our FDNY).

but there's time between now and then, and considering i helped train my replacement at the hospital before i left, that means i gotta search other venues. I got an interview tomorrow for a paramedic job that i shouldnt have too hard a time getting, so it oughta hold me over - anyway, point is, i know im not that available these days but bear with me, ill be around.

miles to go.