Hondo's Bar

Blargh - The Random Thread

The NZA

Love it. This is pretty much what I would do if I had a billion bucks...buy a big-ass place and fill it w/ shit I love...and never leave...'cept to Disney World. Maybe groceries...LOL

Score on Linda Blair in the living room and a Haunted Mansion room. I bet he has more Universal Monster stuff - I would love to see all the footage they shot for this.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Oooo - now I will own that flick. Never seen it, but after sum googlin' (w/out getting too spoilery) - looks pretty interesting. Plus...

"Cronos is presented in the director's preferred aspect ratio of 1.78:1. Director Guillermo del Toro and director of photography Guillermo Navarro supervised this new high-definition digital transfer, which was created in 2K resolution on a Spirit 4K Datacine from the original 35mm camera negative. Thousands of instances of dirt, debris, scratches, splices, warps, jitter, and flicker were manually removed using MTI's DRS system and Pixel Farm's PFClean system, while Digital Vision's DVNR system was used for small dirt, grain, and noise reduction.

Compared to the old Lionsgate Films SDVD release of Cronos, Criterion's Blu-ray release represents a massive upgrade in quality. Fine object detail, clarity, and contrast levels are dramatically improved, and colors substantially better reproduced. Furthermore, there are no traces of edge- enhancement and macroblocking, both of which are prominent on the SDVD release. There are no traces of heavy noise reduction. Naturally, Cronos has a wonderful organic look. There are no serious stability issues to report in this review either. Lastly, I did not see any annoying flecks, scratches, marks, stains, or debris.

Luvin' that TLC. Don't know the 'before' to enjoy n' appreciate a comparison of 'after' - but, I definitely dig the 'giving a shit' - looking forward to it.

162424.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...