Hondo's Bar

Music/band games...when is enough enough?

HypnotizinChikns

Being the only sober person in a sea of drunk people is not unlike being king for a night, I think it's how Bill Gates feels all the time, you know, that and rich.

You'll have sober SeeJ there with you make fun of all of us, lol. (He doesn't drink. He's a good boy).

• 3 months later...

So disapointing! GH5 was rented and rejected by the household today. i mostly play vocals... becuase no one else has the guts to sing. the drums are horrible as well.

The best song is Under Pressure, which SHOCKER OF ALL SHOCKERS will be avialble on RB2 as DLC at some point.

So that's that. They put a bunch of features no one gives a rats ass about, and despit IGN's 8.something review even people on IGN's own boards are screaming foul play as far as that rating goes.

I want to like GH, they have some decent songs, but if you take away the fun factor...which they do...you lose the majority of your players.

I'd genuinely like to see another take on this. Sitar hero or accordian hero. That'd re-ignite my interest in these games, because as far as i can see it, bar downloadble stuff which i don't really avail of anyway, my guitar hero three isn't much different, single player wise, than the other games still out there.

I think the market is becoming over saturated with samey products.

I'd genuinely like to see another take on this. Sitar hero or accordian hero. That'd re-ignite my interest in these games, because as far as i can see it, bar downloadble stuff which i don't really avail of anyway, my guitar hero three isn't much different, single player wise, than the other games still out there.

I think the market is becoming over saturated with samey products.

I gotta put my stamp of TRUFAX on this

there's room for it, and id bet itll get addressed...but not just yet. theyre milking the shit out of GH & RB both (Beatles will sell like polio vaccines in the day), and fuck, its only now DJ Hero is trying hip hop at this point. one could argue Beatmania did it, but then again, Konami was doing all of these games many years ago in arcades/PSX, but the $ and market werent there yet.

seriously, i think any market where chrisitan music rock band can move units has more than enough room for the crazy instruments you "played" in wii music, but we're gonna take a while getting there. Keyboard hero-time game i cant imagine being too far off, be kind've ironic to get more kids semi-playing piano.

I'm debating my next move. The thing with music games is, Guitar Hero started out as an immersive enough rock-sperience, then came drumkits and now I can't bring myself to pick up a plastic guitar because it feels lame(still fun for parties though). From here I want to get a new toy drumkit to play this slew of new music titles on, but it's figuring out which one and from there, can I really be arsed as opposed to just getting a genuine instrument & learning that.

• 1 month later...

It's the next logical step for music games that everyone kind of knew in their minds would be the Shangri-La for music games, but no one dared sound stupid enough to say it out loud.

“I’m working on ‘Rock Band 3’ and making the controllers more real so people can actually learn how to play music while playing the game,” he says. “Give me a couple years, it’s going to happen.”

- Dhani Harrison

There's kind of already there with the vocals and drums (though drum purists say it's not realistic because there's no second pedal for your left foot to keep the beat on a hi-hat), it would only take some tweaking to make a game that could actually teach you to play real drums or really sing. The guitar/bass is obviously the thing that's the challenge. In my crazy mind, I envision a game that could actually have an adapter to plug into a real electric guitar output jack:

DSN2TACH1-Features-Input-Jack.jpg

The adapter would allow the game to know what you were playing. Kinda crazy, but with all the competition in the music game genre, someone's eventually going to try to make this happen, even this isn't what Dhani Harrison is saying Harmonix is working on.

• 5 months later...

we really do need threads for RB3 and Green Day, but here's something or jax & youse in the meantime.

340x_custom_1268334316435_rockband_01.jpg

The Warehouse

Dookie (1994)

"Burnout"

"Having a Blast"

"Chump"

"Longview"

"Welcome to Paradise"

"Pulling Teeth"

"Basket Case"

"She"

"Sassafrass Roots"