Hondo's Bar

Infamous

gunsmithx

• 7 months later...

finally got through newt's copy, beat all the side missions on every island (quests, not the dead drops & such - might get those on a later hard/evil playthrough).

yeah, said side missions were indeed repetitive, and between that and the sandboxy nature, i thought id quit on this one, but...the comic element really works for me. not just in its storytelling, but the way people react as you liberate their island from dust men/etc...it was just really cool, a big element of why i think more comic properties could work with an engine like this that again i typically get lost in side ventures and feel no real compulsion to complete the quest proper. didnt hurt that Cole's not bogged down by outside continuity, of course, but...man what a mindfuck of an ending. did not see that shit coming.

better than id expected, cant wait for the sequel.

• 2 years later...

rRPVv.jpg

Man, I don't know how I'm gonna get by when I can't just kick a nearby pedestrian and bio leech his soul out to instantly recharge all my shit in mid battle.

Usually being good in games pays off in the long run, which is why I'm always evil first. But the block leveling cluster grenades are preeeeetty badass.

Ah, then the easiest way I could think of is to shoot an electric box to recharge it and just use that. Keep the fighting localized at that particular light pole/transformer etc. I wanna say there's a good karma upgrade that helps with it too....

Y'know what this game needed? A chargeable boost to make you dash in a direction and build momentum. Going from wire to wire and gliding in between is cool for a minute, but you lose steam quickly and opportunities to really use it are few and far between.

Jamming on the jump button to parkour up walls feels really clumsy when you're a total badass in other ways. It would be cool if I could crouch down for a second and shoot quickly into the air, then sort of bounce on shit to maintain it. It would give a better sense of power.