Hondo's Bar

6th Annual Hondie's

Aartemys

Here... I'll get it moving.

You see nick, I was right... I was right, and on January 1, I will win. I will win and you would have failed!! MWA HA HA HA HA, MWAAAA HA HA HA HA... MWAAA HA HA HA HA HA HAAAA.

I actually already won cause you specifically said November and it is now December 4th.

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well again - the original idea was to wait till january (after the holidays) and let the year close out before voting on its entirety. so again the more delayed this gets, the more on-track it is, anyway...as long as we get it going at least right after new years at the latest.

if panch doesnt, ill see if anyone else is down. im trying to (finally) get the t-shirt thing going, so no more projects for me.

well again - the original idea was to wait till january (after the holidays) and let the year close out before voting on its entirety. so again the more delayed this gets, the more on-track it is, anyway...as long as we get it going at least right after new years at the latest.

if panch doesnt, ill see if anyone else is down. im trying to (finally) get the t-shirt thing going, so no more projects for me.

yes, t-shirts are priority #1 for mr. custer!

i'm not sure what getting "it going" entails, but i'd be willing to help depending on the specifics. . .

just realize at the end of january you will be considering awards for events starting in july of 2008

• 3 weeks later...

ok, people - if the awards dont get started up by after new year's or so, ill go ahead & make a nomination thread for people to add their names/noms, and we'll take auditions for hondonians interested in running the show. one way or another, we should be able to get it going by the end of january.

yes, t-shirts are priority #1 for mr. custer!

i'm not sure what getting "it going" entails, but i'd be willing to help depending on the specifics. . .

Dude. Take it from me, it's a bit of a thing like Jesus. You start out with high hopes, and the sense of scale and power and authority is awesome, but it all goes pearshaped, everyone starts hating you and you end your days being poked in the ribs by dagos.

Dude. Take it from me, it's a bit of a thing like Jesus. You start out with high hopes, and the sense of scale and power and authority is awesome, but it all goes pearshaped, everyone starts hating you and you end your days being poked in the ribs by dagos.

What's a "dagos"?

Is it like a dingo?

Where are the previous Hondie's threads? I've never seen these shenanigans go down. Where do they lurk?

What's a "dagos"?

Is it like a dingo?

Where are the previous Hondie's threads? I've never seen these shenanigans go down. Where do they lurk?

Each category was put in a different forum rookie was in sports and most talented was in culture (I think) etc.

Here's the nominees thread for last year. This is the starting point

http://www.hondosbar.com/forum/index.php?s...&hl=hondies

Here's the Villain thread for the last awards. An example of how they go down

http://www.hondosbar.com/forum/index.php?s...&hl=hondies

how, exactly...? ive never gotten that. full vote accountability (for no pinch-hitters, etc whining later). or are you thinking it leads to offline drama for saying "yeah honey im totally voting for you!" and then giving Lulu hottest chick vote or wha?

Exactly. I won't vote on a hottest chick poll not including Lulu.

For reals though, contention over who should win is drama enough without adding the level of voting on who should be nominated business. You know at this point I like autonomy, and simply telling folks who they're voting for is quicker and painless(with the obvious caveat of being flexible enough to add nominees if need be). Sides, open voting rules out self nominating. :sneaky:

Archived