Hondo's Bar

Demon's Souls

Newtype

sure, you can heal offscreen! and the game totally waits for you to do this. totally.

Logans - i gotta check with los, but if you wanna tag-team (off the ropes!) sometime, lemme know. still willing to give this a shot and see what im missing here.

...it's like i woke up on the GameFAQs boards. shouldn't you be trying for the BBE in MGS4 or watching boring miner anime or something...?

don't mind me; im gonna wait till Los is back and can have someone tell me where the fun bits in this game were for them.

No no, it's okay. Go back to your RPGs where all you have to do is navigate menus and make sure that if a monster is made of ice you use something fire-like on them. You know anything that requires action and reflexes is totally beyond you, right?

Quit trying to fit a mold that wasn't made for you, boy.

Edited by Maldron

not_this_shit_again.jpg

....aaaaand we're full circle, with mocking j-rpg's, despite your playing of them (well, when they have trophies, at least). an inability to rationally discuss gaming/design elements, instead falling upon the defense force line of "you suck, its too awesome for you!". congrats on your new fanboy hat, mal, lemme know how N4G and the gametrailers forums treat you!

when grownups pass by, im still down to try this once more, via teamup or otherwise. i swear, if half of GAF didn't love it so, id stick with my first impression here, but again, yahtzee's been plenty wrong when ive pushed past the boring beginnings of certain games this gen, still curious if that applies here.

ps Newt - you're right about patterns, but i swear im not treating this like an FPS, im going slowly. i get that it's trial-and-error, still curious your thoughts about my prior post on the where you consider difficult vs cheap, i guess, cause its a small distinction being made there. i just dont want to make a chore of this.

I'll mock your shitty Code Geass pic too, you wanker.

I'm calling it like I see it. You don't like Bayonetta, You don't like Ninja Gaiden, and you don't like this. Honestly, even though I did it in the most insulting way possible (Which is my MO, which you totally knew when you told me I should sign up for hondo's) I just told you that you shouldn't try to force yourself to like a game you don't like. People's tastes vary. Don't try to change yours, just because you feel like you're the odd man out.

but...but what do bayonetta and ninja gaiden have to do with this? so confused.

i didnt not like bayonetta for reasons of its own - cheezy story + sega love was cool, im just kinda worn out on the god of war/DMC action games, it was my fault for playing a prolly great game from a genre im not into at the moment.

*shrugs* i guess you got a point about genre interest, i cant fault the controls, and design elements like the use of online are really cool. ya'lls love does make me wanna give it more've a chance and not feel odd man out, though. that's why im asking about doing co-op, though! i dont think idve had much fun at all in say RE5 if i didnt play it that way.

true, but...am i misunderstanding, or are you putting Demon's Souls in the same bracket as DMC, Ninja Gaiden (to be fair, ive not really given that one a shot yet), Bayonetta etc? cause...cause they're quite different.

So I made a Royal and I'm having a much easier time, but by easier I mean I am making absolutely no productive progress, but enemies die quicker and I stay alive longer, and by alive I mean I have been dead since the tutorial and don't see the possibility of regaining my body in the near future, since I don't quite understand how to go about it.

So I made a Royal and I'm having a much easier time, but by easier I mean I am making absolutely no productive progress, but enemies die quicker and I stay alive longer, and by alive I mean I have been dead since the tutorial and don't see the possibility of regaining my body in the near future, since I don't quite understand how to go about it.

You get your body back 1 of 2 ways

1. You kill the boss for that level

2. Use Stone of Ephemeral Eyes

Wow guys. Game drops here next month and you all just make it sound so appealing

Knowing the way you are I can see this happing

Your going to buy this game and bitch on how slow, hard and unforgiving it can be. (Unless your like Nick who's bitching about lack of hour long cut scenes and no 30 hour tutorial)

Your going to buy this game and bitch on how slow, hard and unforgiving it can be. (Unless your like Nick who's bitching about lack of hour long cut scenes and no 30 hour tutorial)

if snoopy: flying ace can do it, so can atlus. lazy devs!