Hondo's Bar

Lego Movie

Mr. Hakujin

So, did a quick search using the trusty Hondosearch 3000 and found out we had no thread for this film!

It must've died in the Tim G server purge days, right?

Anyway, the local theater shows older kids films as matinees twice a week during the summer for deep discounts, so I treated my nephew and some cousins to see the Lego movie on Wednesday. It was the first time I'd seen it since it was released in theaters over a year ago, and it was even better the second time around. I still can't believe this film didn't win a truckload of Oscars.

I enjoyed it so much the second time in the theater that the next day I finally cracked open the blu-ray and watched the director and cast commentary with Charlie Day, Elizabeth Banks, Will Arnett, Alison Brie, and Chris "The Special" Pratt. Even if you're not a hardcore film nerd who usually listens to commentaries, I definitely think you'd find this one entertaining. On a blu-ray with lots of great extras, this commentary is truly a gem.

Edited by Mr. Hakujin