Hondo's Bar

Re:Crap List

Crap list

yahve ||10-17-2001| |05:31 PM|

latest crap movie... tomb raider.

neat effects.. weak story continuity.  hot ass babe.... *drool* :D   its worth seeing if its free. aka someone else is renting or GC is showing, otherwise steer clear.  hmm or unless ur a angelina jolie fan...ahhh she is too hot.

Irish Cowboy ||10-17-2001| |06:06 PM| |TheIrishCowboy@hotmail.com|

...when she's not makin out with her brother.  Only movies i remember walkin out on were "Speed 2" and "The Haunting", towards the end when i realized Zeta Jones wasnt gettin nekkid.

bacchus ||10-17-2001| |08:11 PM| |bacchus979@hotmail.com|

hands down island of Dr. moroe... i dont kare if i spelt is kurrectly or knot.

Irish Cowboy ||10-17-2001| |09:56 PM| |TheIrishCowboy@hotmail.com|

Miranda once had me watch "Simply Irresistable", a romantic comedy with Buffy and a magical crab as a plot device.

Stay far, far away.

bacchus ||11-02-2001| |03:05 PM| |bacchus979@hotmail.com|

the thin red lie!!!!

tis movie is strange.... high buget... good actors. great effects... beautiful action sequence....but it still sucks....

its views like a jigsaw puzzle put together all wrong. it didnt matter what sceens u saw first. i bet if i rearrange the sceens i can make a lot more sence than the director did.

american hero ||11-03-2001| |12:49 PM| |bullshitaddress@hotmail.com|

o you crazzzy guyz, you speak of tomb raider and the thin red but i know you guyz don't care about plot, story, or even graphics all you guyz want is goat fucking. nice and hard quick and often. o yeah baby what's my name "spank" baaaaa.

All-4-1 ||11-03-2001| |03:02 PM| |Bullshitadress2@hotmail.com|

Mmmm...goats.  I can love goats.

All-4-1 ||11-03-2001| |07:26 PM| |Bullshitadress2@hotmail.com|

Anyone see that new N*SYNC flick? We are taking over movies too baby!

Jumbie ||11-03-2001| |11:07 PM| |jumbie40@yahoo.com|

Did someone mention goats?

Heartlessbitch ||11-04-2001| |01:50 PM||

intresting thing, last night a bunch of friends and i went up to the Zodiac Barn (the place in vacaville where the Zodiac killer actually tied two people up back in the 60's) and in front of the barn was a goat with three horns that was recently decapitated... weird.. a lot of people do satanic occult shit there now... we didn't go in, one time i went in the zodiac barn and there were a bunch of mutilated cats, nasty shit.

oh and to get back on topic, high fidelity really sucked ass. i saw it this weekend for the first time and was sourly dissapointed.  even tho john cussack is in it and he's really good, but he sucked in this movie.

Irish Cowboy ||11-05-2001| |03:05 AM| |TheIrishCowboy@hotmail.com|

You live in an exciting, odd area.

Howd you not like High Fidelity? Thought it was fuckin great m'self, what didnt ya like?  Guess i dug the top 10 stuff, good analogy, and yeah Cusacks a cool guy.

Heartlessbitch ||11-06-2001| |01:07 AM|

yes vacaville is a weird, exciting little nor-cal town isn't it?  everyone wants to move to either san francisco or LA after high school, but i mean, it's my hometown, i have history here, what can i say?  i'll always have a spot in my heart for good ol cowtown.  of course it isn't as exciting as the busy, superficial, metropolis of Miami...

high fedelity went a little too slow for my liking, the plot dragged along and ended with a really predictable conclusion.  i really dug the whole music references thing tho.. whoever wrote the screenplay knew shit about music. i also liked the whole thing with lists, i found that amusing, but the whole movie dragged, and it ended abruptly, which kind of sucked.  i also thought they could have given his sidekicks at the viynl store more character, and could have been a little wittier.

another movie that sucked... Loser with Jason Biggs and Mena Suvari... halfway through it my friends and i wanted to leave.. even a little tequilla while watching that movie didn't save it.. (sigh)

dinghy ||11-06-2001| |10:46 PM|

Ahrite all those movies looking for horny teenagers as loyal audiences. Scary movie is on top of that list followed by American Pie 2 and jay and Silent Bob strike back(now I know U guys really liked this but I'm not caring right now - it was crap) This type of movie has lost it's appeal to me now

dinghy ||11-06-2001| |10:52 PM|

Ahrite all those movies looking for horny teenagers as loyal audiences. Scary movie is on top of that list followed by American Pie 2 and jay and Silent Bob strike back(now I know U guys really liked this but I'm not caring right now - it was crap) This type of movie has lost it's appeal for me now

dinghy ||11-06-2001| |10:53 PM|

sorry for posting same thing twice...got impatient

Irish Cowboy ||11-07-2001| |03:52 PM| |TheIrishCowboy@hotmail.com|

It's ok, i can see where you'd not be a fan of a dick-and-fart-joke movie like that.

I mean, youre a girl, and i didnt see Sally Field, Oprah OR Rosie O Donell in it, so genetically, it wasnt up your alley, ya know?

I sympathize with you broads, i do.

Heh...Yeah, i said it! Let the roating begin, Im ready for it.

dinghy ||11-07-2001| |04:26 PM|

for your information I pride myself onhaving a pretty "BROAD" (pun - get it?) taste in movies . Hello!!....Braveheart!!

Heartlessbitch ||11-08-2001| |12:24 AM|

you know that's a typical male comment to make cowboy, i, myself am a fan of dick and fart joke movies, and i think that gender has nothing to do with the preference of movies per se... i enjoyed evil dead.. and if you are so narrow minded as to say that the only things females would find enjoyable are movies with happy endings and freddie prinze junior...well not all of the females in the world are like that.

you don't seem to be a sexist guy so i'm guessing you just said that comment to rile someone up.

which brings me to a point about feminism.  i think that all kinds of women out there can display feminism while doing things that are viewed by society to be "degrading to females" i am considered myself a feminist, but don't fit the stereotype of a feminist who doesn't shave under their arms or burn their bras.. i think that feminism is just the "radical" idea that women are people, plain and simple. so my god! i'm in colorguard...it's an extracrricular activity i'm doing to look good on my transcript..yes i wear makeup and short skirt while doing it..but believe it or not it takes skill and i don't feel degraded as a female by doing it. i'm just a fan of keeping it real, and people who are so judgemental and like to categorize people suck. open your minds, don't buy into a stereotype..

okay that is all the HB has to say for today, thank you for listening to my rant.

Irish Cowboy ||11-08-2001| |02:16 AM| |TheIrishCowboy@hotmail.com|

Argh fine fine Braveheart redeems all; but ive heard far too many women say "Bravheart! I wont watch it, it looks violent!".  Nevermind folks who choose Gladiator over it because of the main character's fidelity (*coughJessicacough*).

Yes, it was to get folks riled up.  Good rant, but what happened to the list?

eartlessbitch ||11-09-2001| |02:54 AM|

oN A positive note, one of my favorite movies of ALL TIME is half baked. god you got to love it!! i mean killer the dog, the guy on the couch, thurgood, scarface.. what's not to love?  some of my fave lines from half baked..."i am a master of the custodial arts" "yabba zabba you my onllly friend" (kenny is going to go get munchies..he asks thurgood what he wants, thurgood replies) "oh you know get me some of that stuff..oh what is it called i used to eat it all the time...oh.. yea... PUSSY" damn i love that movie, and i've probably seen it WAY TOO MANY times, and i'm really hyper right now because i've downed SIX SHOTS OF ESPRESSO, and that really fucks you up, and i'm pretty wired.. but anyway, half baked is a good movie, i give it two really enthusiastic thumbs up.

troll ||11-09-2001| |03:34 AM| |smurfette@drunkendeities.com|

Dude... I just bought that movie...

"oh you know get me some of that stuff..oh what is it called i used to eat it all the time...oh.. yea... PUSSY"

I totally agrrrrree.

Irish Cowboy ||11-10-2001| |05:17 PM| |TheIrishCowboy@hotmail.com|

So you like it, but its on the crap list...?

Anyway, Miranda voted "Moulon Rouge" for this list, and since shes actually a fan of musicals, thats somethin.

PS I vote Capatain America 2.  I still have scars from that one.

Irish Cowboy ||11-11-2001| |04:49 AM| |TheIrishCowboy@hotmail.com|

..and that Amadeus.  Whatta piece o' shit!

...Khayman, you even still around? Cmon, rank on superior "hillbilly" movies or somethin, i wont flame ya as much.  There's gotta be some films ya wanna bash, other than Clockwork Orange (a brilliant fuckin movie by the way, if you actually watch it, while not playin everquest).

Heartlessbitch ||11-12-2001| |11:36 AM|

sOrry my laziness prevailed and instead of looking for a message board entitled "good movies" or starting my own topic, i decided to post a good movie suggestion under the crap list..i hope i am forgiven...

dirty dancing (shutter) i really despise that movie, for one i don't like Jennifer Grey, i think she's a horrible actress, and the whole soundtrack didn't make sense to me.  call my crazy, but the movie was set in the 1960's...then they had some really good 80's hits thrown in...i didn't understand it.  if they did it in a way where it was creative..it would be cool, but as far as being authentic to the 60's...i wasn't feeling it.  i'm sorry, but i'm one of those people that if i see a period piece i'd be cool for it to be somewhat authentic..

but on the other hand.. i DID like how they incorporated Queen, Jimi Hendrix, and David Bowe into scenes in the movie "A Knight's Tale" for some reason it made some kind of warped sense.  oh that and heath ledger was in it...(drools) on the whole tho.. a knights tale kind of sucked too..

and one more to add to the list.. "save the last dance" i got dragged to go see it and it was a waste of $8.50 i think they played up the whole white girl, black ghetto guy thing too much,  YES I KNOW that is the premise for the whole movie, but a lot of it is overexaggerated and unrealistic. plus i hate the theme song from that movie, grrr... (you know that song that goes "i've been crazy crazy thinking about you baby....") and they played it REPETITIVELY throughout the movie.

yahve ||11-13-2001| |08:08 AM||

Hey Saved the last dance was cheese but it was funny cheese!  Hmm then again i just downloaded it and didn't pay a red cent.  I guess it may have irritated me if id paid good money for it.  But as a freebie it was fun to see the dance moves and maybe pretend that i can learn from watching a movie  :p

Irish Cowboy ||11-13-2001| |03:15 PM| |TheIrishCowboy@hotmail.com|

Men who watch movies to "learn dance moves"...are like men who watch sex in the city.  Theyre prolly enjoyin the film with someone's balls on their chin.

Im with Heartless, Dirty Dancing is an overrated piece o shit too.  Was curious bout Knights Tale, but it didnt look too good.

bacchus ||11-13-2001| |03:56 PM| |bacchus979@hotmail.com|

i'm not going to go on about open mindedness...in considering the worth of a series...i'm not going to accuse any one of only appriciating a movie or series that have a specific theme to it , be that theme cowboys hats, drew barrimore, army fatigues, or black people. but what i will say is that a show should be juged by its caliber. i'm not going to vote for a woman just because she a woman. i'm going to vote for her if she the best qulified. and while sex in the city is not the best qulified show on tv it is damn well qualified, and i defie u to prove other wise.

ps.

and i'm not defending sex and the city an yahve behave.

Heartlessbitch ||11-13-2001| |09:27 PM|back to save the last dance, i didn't even think it was funny, and the coreography sucked.  it wasn't even a GOOD dance movie.  there is this one australlian movie called "strictly ballroom" that is a good dance movie. but dirty dancing and save the last dance sucked in my opinion.

and in reply to bacchus..

i believe certain movies and shows are directed at a certain type of audience..

come on now, it's like saying "queer as folk" is directed at straight people.. according to your theory

i'm not saying that only gay people will watch "queer as folk" but generally it is targeted towards the lesbian/gay/bi audience.  this isn't the same as JUDGING a show.  just because it is directed at a certain audience it doesn't judge how GOOD it is.

Irish Cowboy ||11-14-2001| |01:03 AM| |TheIrishCowboy@hotmail.com|

Yeah, Bacchus, how do ya feel bout "Will and Grace"? You a big fan o that one too?

bacchus ||11-14-2001| |03:48 AM| |bacchus979@hotmail.com|

i dont know where u got My theory from .. but i dont have one...

what i am saying is: a movie/show should not be put down by a critic just because that critic does does not happen to be in that show's target audience.

give whats good its due.

ps

FUCK WILL AND GRACE!!!....didnt i catch  u looking at that the other day ?

Heartlessbitch ||11-14-2001| |09:23 AM|

but everyone is entitled to his or her own opinion, maybe the critic ISN'T in the target audience and they think it sucks, thats their opinion.  judging if ANYTHING is good is based soley on a person to person basis.

dinghy ||11-14-2001| |11:18 PM|

If what you say is true then this whole topic is a waste of time...since everyone's perception of what is 'good' varies then a generalisation such as 'crap list' serves no purpose.on the contrary more justified topics would be called 'favourite movies' or 'Mariam's crap list'(which by the way dirty dancing is not on :thinking: ) I have to agree with Bachus-if u were to have movie critics for the purpose which they are suppose to serve then they should not rate a movie as not 'good' because they were not a part of the target Audience. Unless what you are saying is that Movies themselves should try not to focus too much on one audience - which would make it a bad movie and try to cater for a Larger target Audience.If this is indeed NOT what you are saying then I think that all movie critics should be Gay,Straight,black,white,hispanic,muslim,catholic etc etc etc all wrapped up in a nice bundle labelled 'movie critic'  (of course I acknowledge the impossibility of this - that indeed is the very point) :D

dinghy ||11-14-2001| |11:19 PM|

If what you say is true then this whole topic is a waste of time...since everyone's perception of what is 'good' varies then a generalisation such as 'crap list' serves no purpose.on the contrary more justified topics would be called 'favourite movies' or 'Mariam's crap list'(which by the way dirty dancing is not on   :thinking:) I have to agree with Bachus-if u were to have movie critics for the purpose which they are suppose to serve then they should not rate a movie as not 'good' because they were not a part of the target Audience. Unless what you are saying is that Movies themselves should try not to focus too much on one audience - which would make it a bad movie and try to cater for a Larger target Audience.If this is indeed NOT what you are saying then I think that all movie critics should be Gay,Straight,black,white,hispanic,muslim,catholic etc etc etc all wrapped up in a nice bundle labelled 'movie critic'  (of course I acknowledge the impossibility of this - that indeed is the very point) :D

dinghy ||11-14-2001| |11:22 PM|

posted twice again....accident :blush:

Heartlessbitch ||11-14-2001| |11:41 PM|

i don't believe there is such a thing as an impartial movie critic...most movie critics give a movie a rating based on how THEY like the movie.  certain movies are targeted towards certain audiences, and i believe some movies are targeted towards critics... not a year goes by that i don't see certain movies that are made with the sole purpouse to receive an oscar.. when you make a movie,it is unfortunate that some of them have an agenda.  do you think that the farley brothers made "there's something about mary" to receive an oscar? hell no, but ask the directors of "the english patient" if they made it with an oscar in mind, they'd say yes.

target audience is everything, and what it really boils down to is that everything in the scheme of things has an agenda.

as for this list, it's pretty much "movies that suck according to Leah" anything i say is pretty much "life according to leah" like it, hate it, it's my opinion, according to ME.  just because i think a movie is a piece of shit it doesn't mean that the WHOLE WORLD perceives it that way, this isn't the bible of crap lists, it's everyones version of crap in his or her own world.  

and now i will continue on with my homework and stop procrastinating.

Heartlessbitch||11-14-2001||11:43 PM|

p.s. i wanted to clarify something, i just read what i wrote, when i say this list is "life according to leah" i mean only my posts are "life according to leah" not everything on this list, just what i write, didn't want to come across as cocky..okay then..

Irish Cowboy ||11-15-2001| |09:56 PM| |TheIrishCowboy@hotmail.com|

I think that, long as were still in America, we are free to say "that movie sucked big donkey dick" when one feels so, such as with "Cruel Intentions", "Simply Irresistable", and a host of others.  Some opinions might count more than others - if i say a Western sucks cock, chances are others really, really wont like it, for intance - but that's about it.  Of course i dont like Sex in the City, i dont enjoy shallow feminism and trashy sex talk for hours on end, thats me.  Others round here seem to go for balls on their ..er go for that series.  There are no objective opinions...except for mine.