Hondo's Bar

Clannad

Newtype

Clannad

Plot Summary: Tomoya Okazaki is a third year high school student resentful of his life. His mother passed away from a car accident when he was younger, causing his father to resort to alcohol and gambling. This results in fights between the two until Tomoya's shoulder is injured in a fight. Since then, Tomoya has had distant relationships with his father, causing him to become a delinquent over time. While on a walk to school, he meets a strange girl named Nagisa Furukawa who is a year older, but is repeating due to illness. Due to this, she is often alone as most of her friends have moved on. The two begin hanging out and slowly, as time goes by, Tomoya finds his life shifting in a new direction.

I love this show for one simple fact. The characters personalty really shine in this anime.

While the show is a Angst, Comedy, Daily Life, Female Students, Harem, Romance, School Life it's done so well and ALL the characters are so likable. I've yet to find somebody who hates this show. (I'm sure there are some but i've to meet them) While the show does have some minor plot holes it easily overlooked and is easily one of the best anime this year.

And for love of god (Non-god if your an atheist) DON'T watch the movie.

Watch it

or

Download it.

P.S Rachael if your read this I just have to warn you that you may cry at the end of the Fuko story arc and that ending theme is addictive as hell.

haha Thanks for the heads up!! <33

I read this post and asked Cj if he had heard of it. He says he has it downloaded, but hasn't watched it yet, so I told him to wait for me (if I don't tell him to wait he watches it before I've even heard of it! haha). <3

• 1 month later...
As expected, the After Story continuation of CLANNAD was announced today. MOON PHASE broke the news earlier with information from the May edition of Dengeki G’s Magazine, including how the staff and cast will be staying the same, but it wasn’t until after the extra summer episode that we got our first glimpse of the production via a 15-second commercial. There’s been no information, however, regarding length or when this will air, though fan speculation has it at 13 episodes and a possible Fall broadcast.

If this follows the visual novel then count me out.

Also the movie was a big piece of shit.

• 10 months later...

Cj (as well as you) have been trying to get me to watch it and we finally sat down today to watch it.... He's seen it and likes it, but I'm into ep 5 and can't get into it.... Does it get better/more interesting?? I'm not saying it's bad, but it seems to be lacking something. Maybe that's because we just finished Ouran High School Host Club, lol. (Which was amazing btw). I'll keep at it and finish this, but perhaps another day, hehe...

Cj (as well as you) have been trying to get me to watch it and we finally sat down today to watch it.... He's seen it and likes it, but I'm into ep 5 and can't get into it.... Does it get better/more interesting?? I'm not saying it's bad, but it seems to be lacking something. Maybe that's because we just finished Ouran High School Host Club, lol. (Which was amazing btw). I'll keep at it and finish this, but perhaps another day, hehe...

The best way to describe clannad is that it's wonderfully woven tapestry. Everything comes together at the end of after story and the only way to truly appreciate the overall story.

Archived