Hondo's Bar

AFC east FA

gunsmithx

Ok this is for the other teams to chip in, I'll let ben handle the pats and does anyone want the jets?

Jets have resigned Homles and are said to be in the top running for CB Nnamdi Asamua ... please no...

Bill have signed ex phins QB tyler thigpin to a 3 or 4 year deal which means even if he sucks every other game he'll come in and burn the phins

I heard that but it depends on how the Nnamdi talkes go, I'm hearing the jets are only taking a 2 mil some cap hit on homles this year, meaning the back end of that deal is loaded, if they get NA I figure they find some way to get RM and make a hard hard push for the super bowl, shame their QB is mediocre.

The Patriots announced 16 roster transactions Wednesday night on the eve of their first practice of training camp.

They signed fifth-round draft pick Lee Smith, a tight end from Marshall who is expected to be a tremendous blocker. As a best-case scenario, Smith could force the Patriots to carry four tight ends on the regular-season roster, but he seems destined for the practice squad.

The Pats also confirmed the signing of sixth-round pick Markell Carter, who tallied 16.5 sacks during his career as a defensive end at Central Arkansas and is expected to convert to outside linebacker in New England.

The Patriots activated wide receiver Tyree Barnes and running back Eric Kettani from the reserve/military list after they completed their service in the Navy and reported to camp.

Finally, the Patriots announced the signings of a dozen undrafted rookie free agents: offensive lineman Mike Berry (Auburn), linebacker/long snapper Ryan Coulson (Nevada), offensive lineman Kyle Hix (Texas), kicker Chris Koepplin (UMass), defensive end Aaron Lavarias (Idaho), linebacker Anthony Leonard (West Virginia), defensive end Clay Nurse (Illinois), wide receiver Jeremy Ross (California), defensive end Alex Silvestro (Rutgers), linebacker Jeff Tarpinian (Iowa), offensive lineman Corey Woods (Akron) and tight end Will Yeatman (Maryland).

pats trade 5th to skins for Albert haysnworth.. ok thats something I didn't see coming.

Ditto... But...

bill-belichick.jpg

He tends to do weird shit, but I can't complain about the results. For the most part.

There's also rumors that...

nfl_g_ochocinco1_576.jpg

Señor Ocho Cinco may be on his way to the Patriots.

Yep, it's official...

FOXBORO, Mass. -- It's hardly ever dull with the Patriots, and Thursday was the latest example.

New England acquired wide receiver Chad Ochocinco from the Bengals, according to ESPN, in the Pats' second marquee move of the day. Early Thursday morning, they were working to finalize a trade with the Redskins for defensive lineman Albert Haynesworth.

Ochocinco also restructured his contract to a three-year deal with New England, according to the report, and the Patriots surrendered late draft picks in 2012 and 2013.

Ochocinco gives the Patriots a legitimate outside option who can team up with wide receivers Wes Welker and Deion Branch, along with tight ends Rob Gronkowski and Aaron Hernandez.

Despite the fact that the Patriots led the NFL in scoring in 2010, the third receiver position was an issue. Brandon Tate struggled down the stretch with 13 receptions over his last 12 games.

The 33-year-old receiver doesn't even have to resemble the player he was in his prime, when he averaged 92 catches for 1,374 yards and nine touchdowns per season from 2003-07. To be effective, he simply needs to remain on the same page as quarterback Tom Brady, who was visibly frustrated with his younger targets at times in 2010.

Now with three veteran targets, Brady and the offense should be even smarter in 2011, which should be a scary thought after its efficiency level rose through the roof in 2010.

Welcome to the Patriots, Chad Ochocinco!

brady_ochocinco_gal_640.jpg

...wtf?

The New England Patriots released Ty Warren, Alger Crumpler and four other veterans on Friday.

Along with Warren and Crumpler, Tully Banta-Cain, Nick Kaczur, Tony Carter and Marcus Stroud were released. Rookie free-agent linebacker Ryan Coulson was released as well.

Rookies Ryan Mallet and Marcus Cannon both signed with the Patriots on Friday. Terms of the contracts were not yet released.

The release of Warren comes as a shock, as the defensive lineman was expected to make an impact for the Pats after missing the 2010 season with a hip injury. Warren had 20.5 sacks and won two Super Bowls with the Patriots.

I can see Banta-Cain, because he's having abdominal surgery... but Ty Warren? Well, hope he knows what he's doing....

Archived