Hondo's Bar

Ouya

Keth

what are you mounting PS1 iso's with? and how's N64 emulation, that scene still isn't perfect on PC for me. MAME alone sounds awesome though.

PS1 roms just work with the bin and cue file and the epsxe or fpse emulators. You just need to make sure you have the playstation bios in your roms folder. I haven't had problems with any games yet. So far stuff runs fast with good audio, imo, but I don't have an original PS to compare it to or anything like that. People seem to claim better performance than the original console because of open GL and shit like that, but I don't fuck the the settings past the frameskip checkbox. that the devs recommend for all games.

N64 also hasn't been a problem at all. Once upon a time on the PC I found emulating it glitchy, but I haven't run into any problems yet, except for remembering that jet force gemini doesn't let you invert the controls, thus rendering me fucking horrible at it. I have a 64, so I haven't played it too much.

Mame seems pretty good, but I forgot what a clusterfuck it is eve on the PC side of things. You need the romset for your exact version of mame, and then you need the bios for the fucking system that the particular group of games uses. At first every game I actually wanted to fucking play wouldn't work, after figuring out some of the right stuff I got Ninja Gaiden arcade, Knights of the Round, and Dungeons and Dragons arcade to work, and I was fucking jazzed, they work with mutiple controller support and everything. Once you find the right romset and bios and such they run like a dream. I think compatibility stops somewhere in the late 90's of course.

Neogeo is also annoying as fuck because of the same bios/romset issues (you have to use mame roms! not neo geo roms! how fucking annoying is that!???) but then I got KoF 98, Metal Slug 3, and Mark of the Wolves running and I'm pretty happy.

I'll be very happy when more support is put into the more obscure emulators and more people have just outlined exactly what you need to do to get them running well on ouya. Since everyone has the same Ouya, eventually, it should be much easier than troubleshooting roms on your PC. Right now the more common stuff (snes, nes, megadrive) runs like a dream with no setup past using a flashdrive to hold your roms, but there are only like 3 threads in the whole internet about getting mame stuff working well. Once I get stuff working well I might upload a torrent of the emulator .apks, bioses and correct roms cause that would have saved me a load of time.

Edited by JunkerSeed