Hondo's Bar

Ben's mascot of the week

Benz

Thought I would do a thread about Mascots for the hell of it. All mascots. One a week.

Since it's the first week I decided to do...

91824361.R36XuvEL.jpg

CAPTAIN FEAR?!?!?!

But Benny, he's not from Boston, WTF?

Yeah, Yeah, I know. Don't worry, Boston will be covered. TRUST ME.

Little known fact: I used to live in Spring Hill, FL, and along with liking the Pats of course, the Bucs sucked just as bad if not worse were sorta my home team during that time. They have a #2 place in my heart for football.

Back then, the Tampa Bay Bucs had a totally different look than the awesomeness of today.

Back then:

tampa-bay-buccaneers-logo_1976-1996.gif

bucs.jpeg

Now:

125px-Tampa_Bay_Buccaneers_logo.svg.png

Tampa-Bay-Buccaneers-Mascot-Wembley-Cheerlead_2377161.jpg

josh-freeman.jpg

I definitely like the new look over the old Orange Gatorade look. That and the stadium now looks kinda like a pirate ship instead of Orange Bowl - North.

tampa_buc_ship.jpg

Without further ado, here's the official info on Captain Fear from the Bucs website:

Name: Captain Fear, The Buccaneer Official Mascot of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers

How Acquired: On Friday, June 2, 2000, the Clearwater Coast Guard rescued Captain Fear from the choppy water of Tampa Bay. One night while guiding his ship through an intense Caribbean storm, the famous captian was thrown overboard when the vessel was struck by lightning. He stayed afloat and managed to struggle onto a makeshift raft of wooden planks, but he could not locate his ship in the furious storm. Amazingly, he had been adrift at sea ever since. His ship, meanwhile, drifted to shore off Tampa Bay, damaged but still seaworthy. It was rebuilt and docked permanently in Buccaneer Cove at Raymond James Stadium, Captain Fear now resides in the captain's quarters of the ship, and uses the crow's nest to keep watch over Tampa every night.

Height: 6' 2"

Weight: 250 lbs

Diet: Falcons, mmm, tastes like chicken!

Favorite colors: Red, White, Black and Pewter

Favorite movie: "The Little Mermaid"

Favorite song: "Yo Ho, Yo Ho, A Pirate's Life For Me"

Rivals: Saints, Falcons, and Panthers

Hobbies: Surfing, Jet Skiing, Sword Tricks, and Attending Birthday Parties

2007_cheer_fear1.jpg

Edited by Benz