Hondo's Bar

Mobile Suit Gundam from Legendary Pictures

Link

Legendary Pictures has come aboard a live-action film based on Gundam, the popular Mecha anime and sci-fi franchise from Japan’s Sunrise Inc. The two companies will team to produce the first-ever live-action take on the property, and made the announcement at Anime Expo which kicked off today at the Los Angeles Convention Center.

tumblr_p0rkizBZDO1rghka1o1_500.gif

I figured that would be the reaction so far.

Eh, it's Legendary. These are the people behind some of the best Kaiju movies of the last decade. We'll at least get some amazingly badass fight scenes and eye candy. 

3 hours ago, Axels said:

I figured that would be the reaction so far.

Eh, it's Legendary. These are the people behind some of the best Kaiju movies of the last decade. We'll at least get some amazingly badass fight scenes and eye candy. 

A. I still carry the mental scars from the first live action gundam movie. I'm not sure if i'm ready for another one.

B. i liked Godzilla but didn't about Skull island..

• Sad 1

Aw man, I thought Kong was a blast. A different feel than Godzilla for sure. Not as meaty in substance, but it was a fun ride. 

Of course there should be reservations though. Live action anime has a hideous track record.