Hondo's Bar

Hulk, Enter the Matrix, and Jak and Daxter 2?

Sephiroth

So has anyone played these games yet? I played Hulk and Enter the Matrix in Best Buy and the gameplay was actually quite good. Hulk has a great targeting and fighting system, and Matrix mixes up hand to hand combat with slow-motion John Woo-like gunfights. and uh....it was fun.

I also seen commercials of Jak and Daxter 2 (from the creaters of Crash Bandicoot). Something about having machines mixed into the gameplay. Looks kinda intresting for a platformer.

I have The Hulk and Enter the Matrix. Both are good games. The Hulk's cinema scenes are gorgeous, but the game itself isn't all that involved. Sneak around as Banner, get mad, break stuff, throw people around, rinse, repeat. Still, it is fun to be able to throw cars at your enemies.

Enter the Matrix is a great game and should be played through to the very end by anyone who calls themselves a Matrix fan. It sheds a lot of light on some of the more vague parts of Reloaded (did you ever wonder how Niobe and Ghost blew up that power plant?). The gameplay is a lot of fun. You get plenty of ass-kicking martial arts moves. The guns aren't all that interesting, but I didn't really care. I usually preferred to put the guns away and kick the people to death. It's more fun to watch. The story is probably the best you'll find in any video game outside of a Square rpg. In fact, I preferred the game story to the one in the movie. It's also nice that they kept every part of the game true to the movie's facts (Agents kill you very easily...especially when you've got a dozen Smiths chasing you). So, yeah, I'd recommend Enter the Matrix to just about anyone. Oh, and if you play as Ghost you get to spar with Trinity. Woo! But then again, if you play as Niobe you get to see Jada Pinkett-Smith and Monica Bellucci snog each other. They both have their...advantages.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived