Hondo's Bar

Disny unahppy with Miramax & Tarentino

The NZA

www.drudgereport.com

XXXXX DRUDGE REPORT XXXXX SUN OCT 05, 2003 16:03:25 ET XXXXX

DISNEY DISTANCE AFTER TARANTINO RECOMMENDS BLOODY 'KILL BILL' TO BOYS AND GIRLS

**Exclusive**

Top WALT DISNEY CO. executives are growing increasingly uncomfortable with the shock nature of films coming from DISNEY's substudio MIRAMAX, the DRUDGE REPORT has learned, just as director Quentin Tarantino recommends his new blood-gushing movie to both boys and girls!

MIRAMAX honcho Harvey Weinstein retained DISNEY chair Michael Eisner's legal nemesis Bert Fields in a symbolic gesture, foreshadowing a possible split, Los Angeles sources tell DRUDGE.

MORE

The VILLAGE VOICE last week declared MIRAMAX/DISNEY's KILL BILL "The Most Violent American Movie Ever Made," and the HOLLYWOOD REPORTER warned it "oozes, drips, flows, gushes, splatters... scalps, limbs and heads are freely removed from characters' bodies."

If you are a "girl or boy you must go and see KILL BILL and you will have a damn good time... boys will have a great time, girls will have a dose of girl power," Tarantino said this weekend in London.

When pressed about his KILL BILL recommendation for "girls and boys," Tarantino explained the film would be okay for kids starting at 12-years old.

"If you are a cool parent out there go take your kids to the movie," he told a reporter.

A top DISNEY source reveals chairman Michael Eisner has become concerned MIRAMAX is pushing the envelope too far with KILL BILL.

"Look, the movie is ultimately a WALT DISNEY concern, we've moved so far away from PINOCCHIO and BAMBI," a top DISNEY source said from Burbank. "[KILL BILL] has led to a deep reassesment of the situation and relationship [with MIRAMAX]."

Developing...

-----------------------------------------------------------

Filed By Matt Drudge

Reports are moved when circumstances warrant

http://www.drudgereport.com for updates

©DRUDGE REPORT 2003

Not for reproduction without permission of the author

...and another reason why Tarentino's so cool...

Tarantino Wishes For a Sergio Leone-Style Career

Kill Bill director Quentin Tarantino will only feel artistically fulfilled when he's matched the cinematic genius of his idol Sergio Leone. The American movie-maker has been lauded as the most exciting director working in the world today, but he still believes he has a long way to go to leave a lasting legacy. He says, "I think I'm pretty good - but my favorite director is Sergio Leone. Hands down, he's the one who's influenced me most. I think as time goes on I can keep raising the ceiling of my talent and I'm determined to do it to the end of my career, which isn't the case with most directors. I'm not doing a job. This ain't a job. This is an art form. But I can't imagine doing something as perfect as the closing sequence in The Good, The Bad And The Ugly. I will always try to reach that, but I don't think I will ever get there. It is just so cinematically perfect."

Archived