Hondo's Bar

Roy Jones... over?

BigChiefSlapaho

Damn...missed this one, but it sounds like my boy didnt hold up so well. Threw half as many punches, and it sounded like he was on the d almost the entrie match...most boxers seem scared to come at Roy like that, this guy did his homework & trained for it.

Not moving for 4 minutes after the fight, that's harsh....you know what tho? He was slackin on his game here, between this and Tarver in May. I hope this was a wake-up call, cause for a while, he was entertaining talk about a Tyson fight, and tho that's entertaining, i think he could do better, like work his way back up, prove he can take a hit, and give heavyweight a valid go while he's at the age to do it, if that's what he's after.

I gotta download this one...

I think Jones' problem is that he can hit harder than he can take it. He was eating opponents up in the lighter ranks b/c they hardly hit him and he hits so damn hard. People have figured out his strategy of keeping the opponent surprised and on the outside. Jones, unless he decides to retire, needs to start taking more hits in training and work the inside more.

• 8 months later...

Here's an article from a guy who thinks Tyson shoulda taken on (and out) Jones when had the chance. If i recall correct, there was some talk, then Jones got beat (like Chief showed here) and Tyson said he wasnt worthy of a fight, right before he too lost.

So, since WBA fights these days are largely about filling seats, what do you guys think the odds are of finally seein this one sometime?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived