Hondo's Bar

Fuel

top_image.jpg

Bittersweet...

Chris got voted off American Idol in a huge shocker the other night. A shame many thought.

Bittersweet though. He made out and proved that winning isn't always the best thing...

Did he make out?

Yeah he did. :america:

Glad to Say, Chris D, is the new lead singer of Fuel. It was announced by Simon & Terry Seymour on the "Good Day LA" show in Los Angeles, Calif... Welcome to Fuel Chris!!!!!! :america:

Fuel's Official Offer to Chris Daughtry

Right now it's a mixed bag with Sony rrecords and American Idol battling back and forth over his rights under contract. Either way I love Fuel and I will support this choice of singer in the lead. I would like to see Chris bring them back up since I'm a fan of his too. it's a one two punch...

tt0yz.jpg

From Fuel's Homepage-

All right. Check it out. Here's the deal.

Normally, obviously, we would never even think about anyone from Am Idol as a singer for Fuel. However, ever since Chris sang Hemorrhage on the show, we began paying attention. Sorry, the show's not my thing, but at least most of the finalist can sing and aren't Britney Spearing it up there. However, Chris in my opinion has carried himself well on the show and has stayed true to his rock side, which is a serious credit to him considering the format. We have found some great guys through the audition process and in fact, were already headed in other directions when Chris unexpectedly got voted off the show. The phones started ringing. So now what? I think anyone would say that we would at least have to entertain the idea of Chris and Fuel. The websites have been flooded with support for the idea ever since he sang Hemorrhage from most of you. So that is what we are doing. We are entertaining the idea and the offer to Chris was that we would be willing to entertain him as an option. However, there is a lot to discuss and be decided. Is it right for us? Would it be the right thing for Chris? Would he even be able to get out of the contractual obligations to Am Idol? Would we be able to get things squared with Sony? So nothing is cut and dry, even if both camps thought it was right thing to do, it still might be impossible to work out all the details. Chris and I have discussed the possibility before and we are still entertaining the idea. Either way, never fear, we are coming with a great lead singer very soon who we are very excited about and rolling out a record this year.

Brett Scallions joined Fuel in 1994 and after signing a recording contract with Epic Records, the group released their debut record "Sunburn" in 1999 and achieved instant platinum success following the hit singles "Shimmer" and "Bittersweet." Since then the group have released 2 more records; "Something Like Human" which reached double platinum status on the heels of the hit single "Hemorrhage" & the Grammy nominated "Natural Selection" on which they enjoyed their highest ranking top 40 song ever with "Falls On Me" in 2004. Fuel has enjoyed total worldwide album sales of 4 million copies to date.

"Brett's a great guy, a long time friend, and we wish him well" says guitar player Carl Bell, who remains as Fuel's songwriter and lyricist. "It was a very amicable split, we've had some great times and we will miss him."

Fuel is currently underway with auditions for a new frontman and will subsequently begin recording their 4th record for release on Epic Records this year.

Fuel's founding frontman Brett Scallions has quit the band, according to an official statement posted on the group's Web site. No explanation for Scallions' departure has been offered, but guitarist Carl Bell described the split as "amicable." The remaining members of Fuel were holding auditions (Chris Daughtry signing on)for his replacement and will soon begin recording their next LP.

image1b15d397-c13a-430c-ac54-ff5034ff6df2.jpg

RALEIGH, N.C. - Chris Daughtry is looking to launch his music career after getting booted from "American Idol." Fuel is searching for a lead singer after Brett Scallions quit.

The band offered Daughtry a job Thursday, hours after viewers voted him off the Fox television talent show.

Bass player Jeff Abercrombie and guitarist Carl Bell made their pitch on the TV show "Extra."

"Chris, if you are watching, we've talked about this before, and if you want to entertain it again we'll take it and go," Abercrombie said.

Daughtry, who dreamed of becoming a rock star while working in the service department at a Greensboro car dealership, told reporters earlier Thursday he was considering whether to pursue fronting an established rock band or launching a solo career.

"I'm a songwriter myself," the 26-year-old said. "To be able to launch my own career would be a dream" come true.

The buzz around Daughtry for weeks has been that he could end up Fuel's lead singer; Scallions left the band in February.

Daughtry performed the band's song "Hemorrhage" on a recent "Idol" show. His wife, Deanna, said she's not sure which option he should pursue, but either way music is all he's ever wanted to do.

"He's got a lot on him and hopefully he'll have a lot of wisdom there," she said. "The public forgets so fast about those idols once they get off the show. I just hope they don't forget about Chris."

Many observers thought the shaved-head rocker from McLeansville would win this year's competition.

On Tuesday's show, Daughtry performed two Elvis Presley songs. His rendition of "Suspicious Minds" drew strong reviews from judges. Paula Abdul said, "See you in the finals."

Judge Simon Cowell said his second song — "A Little Less Conversation" — was "flat" and not as good as the first performance.

Daughtry, who said he doesn't regret anything he did on the show, said he was shocked to get voted off because so many people had picked him to win — which may have led overconfident fans to not bother casting votes.

"They didn't have to vote as hard, and I think that was the downfall, in my opinion," he said, refusing to critique the other three finalists. "It was definitely a gut-wrenching moment and I was not expecting it, even a little bit."

Some fans around his hometown fear their votes were mistakenly credited to one of the other contestants because they'd get another hopeful's voice thanking them for the call instead of Daughtry's, family friend Tracey Adams said.

One music industry expert said it shouldn't be the end for Daughtry, who has a great opportunity to cash in as a solo artist because of the equity he's built on the show.

"I think he should definitely pursue that at this point," said Jeff Walker, president of AristoMedia, a Nashville-based company that develops and promotes music artists. "He's got a lot of people that like him."

Archived