Hondo's Bar

Drum and Bugle Corps

Stilly

yeah it's funny how some of the bands it dade change and such

Southridge and Coral Gables used to be the bands out there, Hialeah, Killian, Springs and such were all laughable, then over a few years the tides turned and now Southridge is pretty much a football game band, I've never seen them at any of the competitions.

What corps did your friend march with?

Oh yeah, you get like 19 hours of exercise on non-show days, and they feed you healthy, make you take vitamin C and crap.

I've lost 30-40 pounds marching... but then you just gain it all back once you're back in the junk food world, ha ha.

• 3 months later...

TALK ABOUT THIS OR DIE!!!

There's 5 people in this forum that know what this is... so it shouldn't be hiding on the 4th page of the music forum all forgotten and dusty

this is a rare occurance for so many people on a random forum to even know of this... and you all know it's true!

SO DISCUSS IT TO DEATH!!!

...it's one of my obsessions, y'know

alright, so what d'y'all think of the bullshit with Cadets getting 99.150 in '05, that show was nowhere near as clean as Cavies '02

alright, so what d'y'all think of the bullshit with Cadets getting 99.150 in '05, that show was nowhere near as clean as Cavies '02

You HAD to bring this up!

Funny story, really. Right after this happened, I was living on campus down at the University of Houston. Now UH just happens to be where a larger number of cavies go to school, and I was a music major in the marching band.

We never heard the end of it. People would gripe and bitch about it all the freaking time. Students, Teachers, Homeless people living on campus, everyone! Don't get me wrong, I was pissed off about it, but it was great getting back in that drum corps element.

And that's my fireside chat for the evening.

It was just crap... Cadets '05 may have been nice and clean, but they were not in anyway on par with Cavies 2002, it just wasn't...

it was a first place finish, it was a good show, but that score... YEA! bought that shit off, come on now...

It took like what, 14 years for SCV's 89 score to be beaten, and it was beaten by something worth it... The crowd should've booed when they announced that score in '05...

Plus, I have an ingrained hatred of the Cadets, so... it's even more of an injustice to me, lol

It took like what, 14 years for SCV's 89 score to be beaten, and it was beaten by something worth it... The crowd should've booed when they announced that score in '05...

Plus, I have an ingrained hatred of the Cadets, so... it's even more of an injustice to me, lol

Oh, believe you me, I booed at the computer screen when scores were announced on DCI.org, it pissed the hell out of me. I'm with you on the ingrained hatred of the Cadets (and even YEA! as a whole).

In '03, I flat out refused to watch any of their performances while on the road with the Bluecoats. No way I was going to do that.

Yeah and to top it off the entire corps has got the whole high soceity snob attitude as if they were some badass shit... you talk to Cavies, they're all fun, great, BD, they're a bit cocky but still know how to have a good time, SCV... best damn corps, great... they're up to their level, they know they're good and don't need to feel like they're above everything... Phantom, we're a family... but fucking Cadets, that's the corps that's full of the damn people who joined corps for the ring, they spend 5 years at Pioneers, then make Cadets so they can get the ring and show it off... that's why I hate them. YEA! sucks balls, too, but Crossmen are pretty cool, they don't have the disgusting Cadets appeal...

actually, I think they may be the most hated corps... lol

I wouldn't go as far as ignoring them, but seriously, I couldn't believe it when I heard that in'05, we couldn't say nothing on the field, but i heard gasps coming in from everyone within earshot... but the crowd reacted like pussies and cheered... still, it was the deadest cheer i've ever heard... a polite cheer

then you got YEA! pushing the damn saxophones, they've already ruined it by getting rid of the Gs, why don't they just turn DCI into BOA and get it overwith already?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived