Hondo's Bar

Zack & Wiki: Quest for Barbaros’ Treasure

The NZA

518ZFIymMTL._SS500_.jpg

Capcom saw this one slept on, which is a shame, its a lotta fun if you're into puzzles.

Dont let the anime piratey-look fool you; this is a point-and-click adventure with the humor and a different kinda charm, but in the vein of the classic Lucasarts ones. You're basically trying to scour levels of the jungle to find bits to assemble a clearly-evil pirate in hopes of getting his badass ship, but along the way, your golden monkey assists you (sometimes) in hitting-that-lever-that-makes-that-indiana-jones-like-boulder-chase-you, or figure out what order to click things to make alligators go to sleep so you can cross them a la Pitfall, or uh, just try to get at some treasure while the fuzzy cannibal tribe is sleeping.

It's all trial and error and again, a lot of fun and probably one of my favorite games so far on the Wii, get it's getting less attention than even Elebits did somehow.

Anyway, click here to play a flash demo of the game, works great from the Wii too if you go through that browser, the site claims. I opted for No More Heroes recently for my Wii selection, but this one's next in line.

Archived