Hondo's Bar

Easy meal ideas

amynicole

I love to cook, but some days we just don't have the time or energy. I figure we can post easy quick meal ideas here and share our quick favorites.

Doug loves this one:

jumbalaya

brown chicken breast in a skillet, but don't cook all the way through. Place in the bottom of a 9x13 pan. Chop up sausage (about 14 oz is what we do) and scatter over chicken. Then we take two boxes jambalaya rice ( we use the cheap brand- Tony chacheres) and scatter over meat. Then you add one can cream of chicken soup and enough water to equal 4 1/2 cups together. Cover with foil and bake at 350 F until rice is done. Takes no effort and is pretty good. We usually use low fat cream of chicken soup and low fat turkey sausage, and that's pretty healthy.

Broccoli & goats cheese soup w/ croutons.

Needed

Large chopped onion

1 liter of veg/chicken stock

600ml Full cream milk

Kilo or so of broccoli

150g of goats cheese, cubed

2 thick crusty slices of bread

Dash fresh grated nutmeg

50g butter

Prep:

Preheat the oven to 190c.

Put the bread in a bowl and add the oil and a little salt. Mix well to coat the bread, then tip onto a baking tray.

Bake for 10-12 minutes until crunchy and golden.

Meanwhile, chop the broccoli stalks and florets, but keep them separate.

Melt the butter in a pan, then add the onion, broccoli stalks and nutmeg and fry for 5 minutes until soft.

Add the broccoli florets and stock, then the milk. Cover and simmer gently for 8 minutes until the broccoli is tender.

Take out about four ladles of broccoli, then blend the rest in a food processor or with a hand blender, until smooth.

Return the reserved broccoli to the soup and check for seasoning.

To serve, reheat if necessary and scatter with the croutons and goat's cheese.

Stromboli

one can pillsbury pizza crust

deli sliced cheese (I usually go for mozzarella, provalone, asiago, or a combination of)

pepperoni and or Canadian bacon (or sometimes I use salami or Prosciutto)

maranara sauce.

Olive oil

desired seasonings

Roll out pizza dough and cut into fourths. Layer meat, cheese, meat, cheese. Take one corner of the dough and roll the Stromboli up diagonally. Tuck in the ends so the cheese doesn't come out. Place on cookie sheet and brush with olive oil. Season to taste (we like garlic and Rosemary) and bake at the tempurature the dough can says until browner. Heat marinanra and serve on the side.

I took this from Rachael rays thirthy minute meals. I've also put veggies in them, made them with ham and cheddar, or even made one with taco meat and Mexican cheese and served it with salsa and sour cream.

Lamb shoulders.

What you need.

A healthy dose of lamb shoulders, sourced from your local butcher.

2/3 red onions

Microwavable Rice

Aromat Red & Aromat Yellow.

Preperation.

Sprinkle a fuckload of aromat on the lamb shoulders. Chop up all the onion, cover the lamb in half of the onion, bake in oven for 30 minutes at about 180c and however many f that is. For the last 5 minutes, sprinkle the rest of the onion over the lamb and microwave up your rice.

Serve the lamb on the rice and wash down with beer.

FUCKING 'AVE IT!

Archived