Hondo's Bar

Sarah Palin's Alaska on Discovery?!

Benz

sarah-palin.jpg

They're gonna show how she killed the poor animal and skinned it to make the fur on the coat she's wearing in that pic...

I saw an ad for signing a petition to stop Palin from having a show on the Discovery Channel. I laughed, then curiosity made me click the link. Sure enough it looked real.

The petition is here.

But then I thought, ok someone's a good prankster. Maybe. I googled it. Sure enough on the TLC/Discovery website, I'll be damned. She's actually getting a show called Sarah Palin's Alaska. Is it real? You betcha!

The link is here.

For your entertainment:

Sarah Palin's Alaska

Discovery Communications has acquired the global rights to SARAH PALIN'S ALASKA (wt), a new eight-part documentary series about the remarkable Governor Palin (Oh, she's remarkable alright...) and her home state of Alaska (You can see Russia from there!). Slated to premiere on TLC, the series will be executive produced by Emmy-award winner Mark Burnett of Survivor and Apprentice fame.

"Our family enjoys Discovery's networks," (Really? Can you name one show? Or is that like the magazines you read?) said Governor Sarah Palin. "I look forward to working with Mark to bring the wonder and majesty of Alaska to all Americans (And our next door neighbor Russians that we can see from our house!)."

"Discovery Communications is so excited to help Sarah Palin tell the story of Alaska, and to have a great documentary filmmaker in Mark Burnett helping to reveal Alaska's powerful beauty as it has never been filmed, and as told by one of the state's proudest daughters," said Peter Liguori, Chief Operating Officer, Discovery Communications.

"TLC is grounded in great storytelling, strong characters, and passionate audiences drawn to extraordinary people doing extraordinary things. We are confident SARAH PALIN'S ALASKA will be another compelling television event," (Kinda like the interview with Katie Couric was) said Eileen O'Neill, president and general manager, TLC.

The series reunites the company with Mark Burnett Productions, which co-produced ECO-CHALLENGE, the precursor to Survivor, for Discovery Channel from 1996-1999.

"With a dynamic personality that has captivated millions, I can't think of anyone more compelling than Sarah Palin to tell the story of Alaska," (You really didn't try very hard. PETA's gonna love this series among others.) said Mark Burnett. "I'm thrilled to reunite with Discovery on this project, which brings together one of the most fascinating figures of our time with one of the most wondrous places on earth."

Bold = sorry, I had to...

While I strongly discourage doing anything that involves looking at or listening to Sarah Palin, I roll my eyes about the comment about killing the "poor animal" Yes, THAT, is the problem with Sarah Palin having a Discovery Channel special.

Heh, well "Drill baby, drill" + nature don't exactly go together very well.

Archived