Hondo's Bar

Work It Out!

Master Star

So yea, I work out, usually 3-5 days a week (unless I am sick or something of the like). Guilty, as a female, yes I do lots of cardio, everything from ellipticals to treadmills, stairs or bikes.

What I don't do enough of, is upper body and weights...yes I want to, but I don't what are good exercises to do when you have to lift by yourself.

Also...I have tried many supplements and fat burners with varied results...what works for you or has in the past?

Also...sometimes I want to change up what I listen to when I work out...whaddya like...what moves you?

So please, if you have a good routine, or suggestions for weights, or have some awesome suggestions for additions to a play list and what that playlist is good for (lifting, running, ellipticals...etc) Please participate!

Come on boys and girl...2011 is the year to be healthy, one and all!

my bad, Star - id hate to discourage you on this, so here goes...i can only help with what ive heard from friends who were trainers, ill not claim to be a pro myself.

So yea, I work out, usually 3-5 days a week (unless I am sick or something of the like). Guilty, as a female, yes I do lots of cardio, everything from ellipticals to treadmills, stairs or bikes.

this is great. make sure you're doing this at whatever pace you can for at least 30 minutes; duads always said cardio less than 45 minutes doesn't count!

stairs is aggressive and awesome for quickly building anaerobic cardio, eliptical is the best possible thing for knees/joints etc, next to swimming which i cant recommend enough once it warms the fuck up again, its a different kinda cardio but excellent for all-over toning. you're welcome to the pool at our place if the PH level of the one at CR park is too high, heh.

What I don't do enough of, is upper body and weights...yes I want to, but I don't what are good exercises to do when you have to lift by yourself.

female trainer that's a friend of mine drew up an overall strength regiment for Kertins years back, i can have her dig it up & make a copy if you like, but we'd prolly have to have you guys work out at some point to show you the form for a few cause i dont recall all of it. the gist is always high reps with low weight, since your goal is toning muscle more than building it.

Also...I have tried many supplements and fat burners with varied results...what works for you or has in the past?

somebody else has to field this, im not overly big on/knowledgable of these things for fear of what diet pills can do to you, plus there's a reason they often lead to women shedding then gaining it right back. 8 hours of sleep, a good diet and a steady workout regiment are the right way to go about it & keep it off, my opinion.

Also...sometimes I want to change up what I listen to when I work out...whaddya like...what moves you?

haha, my playlist is so varied. charged hip-hop, techno/house, some rock here & there, some classic r&b/soul since i dont want/need shit > 150bpm all the freakin time, just whatever doesn't suck so hard as to demotivate me.

this is actually more important to me for running than weights, by far. if im running the bridge on 97th ave and something like this or

comes on, i can just zone-out into a zen-like state, hit my stride and run forever, like another mile out of nowhere. it shows you how much of this is mental.

ps if this isn't inspiration, i don't know what is

female trainer that's a friend of mine drew up an overall strength regiment for Kertins years back, i can have her dig it up & make a copy if you like, but we'd prolly have to have you guys work out at some point to show you the form for a few cause i dont recall all of it. the gist is always high reps with low weight, since your goal is toning muscle more than building it.

ps if this isn't inspiration, i don't know what is

I would love to do that...yea and if you can find it I'd love a copy! They have a pool at my gym and a friend of mine who used to play water polo told me the same thing! He said to mix it up with the other cardio to swim at least once a week.

Talk to you soon!...and Thanks!

Archived